Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2009, 06:58 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
How to carry two bodies?

How would you carry two bodies?

Both in the neck?

Both on the shoulders?

One in the neck and one on the shoulder?

Or one in the bag?

01-08-2009, 07:09 AM   #2
Inactive Account

I would use a trolley, or if both where small wrapped them up in two carpets and drag them away. A bag for both would be quite heavy. Byt why carry two bodies? Bathtub and strong acids can do wonders

To be serious, I would carry them in the most practical way. One body with a tele lens and another with wide-angle would have different weight, and usage frequency. Probably the wide-zoom around my neck and the tele body on my shoulder or in a bag. (at hip level)
01-08-2009, 07:17 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
blog.tonyschreiber.com The Best Two-Camera Strap Setup Yet - Part II
01-08-2009, 07:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Yep! one in a camera bag and the next around your neck thats the classic spirit

01-08-2009, 08:03 AM   #5
eclipsed450

QuoteOriginally posted by freeload Quote
I would use a trolley, or if both where small wrapped them up in two carpets and drag them away. A bag for both would be quite heavy. Byt why carry two bodies? Bathtub and strong acids can do wonders
rofl, i knew someone would reply like this after reading the title
01-08-2009, 08:17 AM   #6
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by losecontrol Quote
Yep! one in a camera bag and the next around your neck thats the classic spirit
It may be the classic spirit but it has one huge limitation: camera in the bag can't take the picture.... Pulling it in and out is time wasting...

Car with a big trunk would do nicely too...

to answer OP: I'm carrying one body around nec, and one on shoulder... mostly
sometimes, when I know most of my shooting will be done with certain camera/lens I have one strap wrapped around my wrist with the second camera still on shoulder...
BR
01-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #7
Forum Member

Geeky, but works

Back in the film days when I had two cameras with different film, I used an old technique of having both around the neck, but each having different strap lengths. The shorter strap camera would ride about chest level and the camera with the longer strap ride right under it. They are both quickly available and don't bang in to each other. The only down-side is, it looks kinda geeky...

01-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Do it all the time.....

[QUOTE=atyab;443657]How would you carry two bodies?

I could post some pics of how we do it here at the morgue, but then again, thats probably not a good idea.
01-08-2009, 11:34 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What I tend to do is have one in the bag, often lens down in a lens slot so I can get at it quickly. One carried on the same shoulder. When the extra comes out, it's usually in my hand, going back into the bag when I'm not using it. If two need to stay out, often the second one will end up around my neck. Exceptions are when I'm carrying medium format: especially anything with a waist level finder I wear around the neck a lot. (I'm also finding I like to wear the K20d around my neck a bit more often than other things: it's kind of a comfier way to chimp, which I've been doing a lot of as I get used to the guy. )

This works out pretty well: the slung camera will often find itself in a hand with the strap looped around my wrist:I can put that back on my shoulder or away if I need it out of the way: it's just the habits I've developed over the years, adapting to different stuff.

It's OK to shift things around as you go: saves your stamina, (especially if you often carry gear that's a tad big on you. )

There is, also, this new style *thing* called a 'Black Rapid' strap we were talking about on the 'I want an awesome strap' thread, which I'm starting to think might be a pretty neat solution for some second bodies. I tend to be skeptical about changing stuff like this, but I'm curious.
01-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Bathtub and strong acids can do wonders
Actually no, if you put a body and acid together, they'll bloat up and effectively turn into soap.... its not a good idea

*whistles innocently*
01-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
Actually no, if you put a body and acid together, they'll bloat up and effectively turn into soap.... its not a good idea

*whistles innocently*
I think you are confusing acid and alkali, but you are right that either way even large amounts of acid would not dissolve a body enough to run the resulting "soup" through a tub drain hole. And it's definitely not the kind of stuff you want to do in a bathtub anyway (Victor, Nettoyer, notwithstanding), unless you are wearing some serious protective gear.

I'd go for pigs, like in Deadwood.
01-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #12
Veteran Member

small amounts of C4 will disperse a body pretty well, but best to do it outdoors and preferably outside an annoying neighbor's house. Unless it is the neighbor you're...oh, nevermind.

Two bodies? God gave you two hands.

Come to think of it, has anyone made a left handed dSLR?
01-08-2009, 04:19 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
small amounts of C4 will disperse a body pretty well, but best to do it outdoors and preferably outside an annoying neighbor's house. Unless it is the neighbor you're...oh, nevermind.

Two bodies? God gave you two hands.

I didn't know cameras had hands Perhaps I got the faulty one that had its hands amputated...

Sorry, this thread lent itself to that.
01-08-2009, 05:25 PM   #14
eclipsed450

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
i asked this same question when i broke my thumb earlier last year and was in a full hand cast for 6 weeks

no they dont, and they dont make left handed p&s's either...
01-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #15
Veteran Member

That's cause left-handed people are evil - they shouldn't be allowed to do anything with their evil left hands of evil.....

That and you'd have to be pretty inept to not be able to use your right hand to take photos.... (i.e. no need -> no market)