Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2009, 10:45 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by code4code5 Quote
Circuit City only carried Pentax gear online. Their web site now directs to a text only page explaining the terms of the dissolution. It makes me wonder what will happen to their "online only" inventory.
Most online shop is just an online page, it does not have an actual location where they keep all the online stuff. When you order something from them, it will be shipped directly from the manufacture. So if you order a Pentax lens from CC.com, CC will send the order to Pentax and Pentax will ship it to us.

Those clearance deals isn't that great to begin with like what everyone said. They target people who don't know what the real value for the product. Yes they may have a 40% off sale, but they also market it up. My cousin got a 1TB external hard drive from them the last time they closed a bunch of store for $189 after the 40% off. What he didn't realize is that you can find a 1TB external drive for about $100 easily online.

01-19-2009, 11:15 AM   #17

I think it was linens and things that went bankrupt near me. I went i to see if there was anything i needed, a liquidation company had taken over. There was stuff in that store that they had never sold before. The prices were still unreasonable at 50% percent off. Target was still cheaper and you could pay with a credit card.
01-19-2009, 04:12 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
CC liquidated their Tallahassee store in December 2008. CompUSA liquidated their store in Jan 2008. We are basically down to a Bad Buy and an HH Gregg and I don't see HH Gegg making it here much longer.
02-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Maybe SD cards cheap?
Not so much...

my husband had a $100 gift certificate to CC, and we had to hurry up and use it while they were still accepting gift cards. I went straight to the SD cards, and the SanDisk Extreme II (so only 15mb/sec) 8 gig was still $49.99 +10% off...and I know I could do better than that on the internet. We got it anyway just to use the gift card, but I wouldn't shop the liquidation otherwise. Prices were extremely inflated.

02-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Our local news channel aired a report just after the "Clearance" started. Every single item had inflated prices then marked down. They interviewed people leaving the store then cut away to a price breakdown comparing what they paid to regular and sales prices at Walmart, Best Buy, HH Gregg, etc. In every case what the CC buyer paid was more than just a little shopping at other Brick & Mortar stores would have gotten them. Compared to online sometimes $100's less. Only in one case did I wish they had told the wise guy that his bargain was not so much as he paid $20 more for a DVD player than Walmarts regular non-sale price. One lady bought a Laptop from CC before the liquidation at a regular price $50 less than the new liquidation price.

As always, these sales are mostly for clueless consumers that see the words going out of business and think that that means cheap stuff. They go in and buy the shit anyway, simply because they are clueless.