Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K10D debug, few Qs

Hi everybody,

so I finaly decided to get into debug, to correct long suspected and often confirmed BF issues of my K10D (mainly with my main lens DA40)
I used the russian hack (btw, works absolutely flawlesly on Vista laptop). I easily got in, changed um and got out.
My questions are:
what are the values 0,1,2,3 exactly for?
- general consesnsus seems to be it's for selecting AF sensors but HOW? are some numbers groups of sensors? (Safox VIII has 11) or are they horizontal and vertical? but then what are the other 2 numbers?
- what are the other two submenus besides AF check for in K10's debug? I meant what and how do you change/correct with them?
thanks for all the answers in advance...
BR
Peter

PS: I did search this forum, I read couple of threads from first to last post, but I still didn't find definitive answers for these questions...

01-28-2009, 07:06 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Bump

I had the same questions as you about all of the other options. As you did, I read all of the available info and comments on this site and every other site that mentions the debug mode (in english anyway). I was not able to get any info about the other functions at all. There were a few claims that the 4 positions in the AF adjust mode were for either 4 different lenses or for 4 different locations on the screen. I played with the idea of 4 different lenses and 4 different settings and found out nothing. All 4 positions changed every time I changed any one. I was not able to get different settings for different lenses or for different areas. My main reason for going there at all was to correct a BF problem on the second DA*50-135 that I had gotten (no problem exchanging the original at Adorama at all). I was able to do this so that now my DA* is living up to it's reputation. I also checked my Sigma 17-70 and my DA21Ltd. They both ended up being fine after the adjustment, so I guess I just didn't notice the problem originally.
Out of fear of screwing up something else that seems fine, I stopped trying to figure out the other options. I'm still curious though.
Regards,
Brian
02-03-2009, 08:22 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
If you ajust the focus using the hack, will that modify also the focus on your other lens? so if you correct your BF problem, will you have Front Focus problem with the others lens instead ?