Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
Forum Member

Location: City of Elliot Lake (North Eastern) Ontario, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Back to the shop

Bought my K10D in May and loved it.
But today I am packing it up to ship back to the "Repair Shop"
Problems with Audible signals (they are not audible except to the most sensitive ears.
Digital Preview gave up the ghost and stopped working,
and
The tripod socket is flopping around loose. I have to chase it in order to begin screwing in the tripod threads.
All relatively minor by themselves but I worry that the first 2 problems maybe indicators of more funnies to come.

Hate to do without it but at least the freezing temperatures here are discouraging me from wildlife photography. So maybe I can life with out it for a couple of weeks.

01-25-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My goodness, sound like you have a bit of a sick K10D. Hope you get it back well soon.
02-01-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by seeing well Quote
The tripod socket is flopping around loose. I have to chase it in order to begin screwing in the tripod threads..
Same thing happened to my Samsung GX10 - probably through using a tripod screw that was too long. Samsung UK fixed it fairly quickly under warrantee.

John