Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2007, 07:14 PM   #1
Veteran Member

ACDsee Pro Question.

I have downloaded LightRoom, SilkyPix & ACDsee Pro for evaluation. They each seem to be nice programs, in their own right (LightRoom, though, seems painfully slow), but I found myself being partial to ACDsee Pro. There was, however, one minor, and one major issue with it. The minor side of it was that I wished the interface's background coloring was more akin to that of the other two mentioned programs. The major issue was that I could not get it to open my RAW files. I am sure that others have had (and are having) success in doing this, and that the problem might have been with something that 'I' hadn't handled properly.

Is anyone else using this program in an effective manner?

03-25-2007, 08:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
NLAlston, Sorry I'm late.

I browsed through the user manual and found out on p. 278 that the K10/100/110's are not yet supported. So far, it looks like only the *ist D and *ist DS.

Here's the link:

ACDSee Pro User Manual
03-25-2007, 09:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi, I love ACDsee Pro. I use it to do about 90% of my editing (just browsing to pic photos)
You can get the download to update it for the K100 and other cameras. No K10D support yet.
What I do is I shoot RAW+ on my K10D and browse the jpegs only, select thoes I want to convert the RAW on and use PhotoLab to do the RAW processing. You can configure photo editors in the program and I added Pentax Photo Lab as one in addition to PS
03-25-2007, 10:44 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Alvin & Brendan ~ Thanks much.

Once again, I have to say how much I really did like ACDsee Pro, and was kind'a stung by the fact that my RAW files could not be addressed by it.

Brendan - you mentioned as to how you married PhotoLab to your workflow, and that this was how you were making out with ACDsee. Well, I have a problem with PhotoLab. I just recently found that software disk, and tried to install it on my computer. But the program installation program would not start. When I tried it on the family computer, there were no problems at all; it jumped right up in there. I have tried numerous times to get it to install on my computer, but no go (other programs install, from that very same drive, with no issues).

If CompUSA still has it, I may buy it anyway. Our local store is closing, and (the other day) they were selling ACDsee Pro for $150, with a 15% sale reduction. There was just the one left, in the store, and - if they still have it tomorrow - I think that I will buy it. I am sure that they should, eventually, have support for the K10D. In the meantime, I should be able to find an inexpensive RAW converter - maybe even a freeware version to use, until then.