Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2007, 11:28 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentaxium... WOW!

I'm stunned by the number of submissions this year! And the quality is just amazing. Everyone give yourselves a big pat on the back. We are Pentaxium -- hear us roar! (or at least softly "click"...)

03-25-2007, 11:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jbarnhart Quote
I'm stunned by the number of submissions this year! And the quality is just amazing. Everyone give yourselves a big pat on the back. We are Pentaxium -- hear us roar! (or at least softly "click"...)
Some very good photographs - but only a few showing what human beings were doing on the 25th of March 2007.

Last edited by jthommo; 03-25-2007 at 11:40 PM. Reason: misspelling
03-25-2007, 11:41 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like we've got more than three times the number of photos than last time, with still a few hours to go!

Thanks for participating, guys

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-26-2007, 12:13 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jthommo Quote
Some very good photographs - but only a few showing what human beings were doing on the 25th of March 2007.
I know that you like photos of people. But Pentax Day is all about self-expression. Let folks submit the kind of pics they want.

If there is demand, maybe we'll have a future Pentax Day where a topic is pre-chosen and folks are asked to interpret it in their photos. More of a Pentax "Challenge" Day.

03-26-2007, 12:47 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I missed the day as I was doing my family tomb sweeping ...
03-26-2007, 03:17 AM   #6

Sorry, no one was doing anything worth photographing. Seriously, though -- shooting people is potentially embarrassing, and I (for one) don't yet have the self-confidence to do it. "Just wait 'til next year!" *shakes fist in the air*

Great shots in there for sure; only one question: what happened to the 3-shot limit?
03-26-2007, 03:54 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by amateur6 Quote
Sorry, no one was doing anything worth photographing. Seriously, though -- shooting people is potentially embarrassing, and I (for one) don't yet have the self-confidence to do it. "Just wait 'til next year!" *shakes fist in the air*

Great shots in there for sure; only one question: what happened to the 3-shot limit?
It is difficult at first to photograph strangers - but here's a recent and excellent thread on DPR with lots of good advice.
Wanted: Your Street Photography Tips: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

I find that almost invariably people don't mind - if someone does, apologise and move on.

03-26-2007, 04:48 AM   #8

I shot a few candid shots yesterday.. but I felt that the photos I submitted were the best. During the week I will show the candids at Mt Rushmore and at the local park. I just felt they were not the ones to go into the gallery.
03-26-2007, 05:28 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
pics to follow at later date

Pentaxium looks great. Thanks to everyone who made it possible with the hard work. My Pentaxium shots will be downloaded in a few days. Work sometimes gets in the way.
thanks
barondla
03-26-2007, 11:12 AM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by amateur6 Quote
Yes, I noticed one contributor who interpreted the limit as three PAGES of submissions. I've asked Adam to intercede.

By the way, we had this problem on the original Pentaxium.org website. It had no way of counting and restricting submissions. When I finally get around to re-doing it in Plone I'll have an automated way to count the number of submissions to Pentax Day galleries.