Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2009, 11:31 PM   #31

Odd experience given the fine cameras Pentax produces.

My buying experience/education was just the opposite. My sales guy in Portland spent time asking what I wanted to do, and how I intended to use the camera. After explaining I liked to hike (commonly wet in the NW) he zeroed in on the Pentax. The feel of the camera was also an important issue for me. When I hold the Pentax I feel like I am holding a tool that is meant to be used, a friends equivalently priced Canon feels like a toy that might break at the slightest bump. The weather sealing brings peace of mind as I hike with the camera attached to a chest strap for easy access. Soon on the purchase list will be the DA* 50-135 for the above mentioned qualities.

I have been very happy with my purchase.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bibble, brand, camera, comments, hope, pentax, people, photography