Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2007, 02:08 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Dots. Can't get rid of them!

here is a sky picture @F22.
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/5005/dotsus0.jpg
(i hope link works)
I cleaned sensor several times, but these dots stay. What could it be? Damaged sensor?

Last edited by skaktuss; 03-28-2007 at 03:38 AM. Reason: link correction
03-28-2007, 02:59 AM   #2

Original Poster
Could you please post Your sky pictures?!
03-28-2007, 04:54 AM   #3

Original Poster
Update:
After 5 more wet cleanings, I realized that specks are between sensor and low-pass filter! Damn! Now I'm realy mad!
03-28-2007, 05:35 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by skaktuss Quote
Update:
After 5 more wet cleanings, I realized that specks are between sensor and low-pass filter! Damn! Now I'm realy mad!
I don't have any dust between the sensor and the low-pass filter. If you're right, I would consider that a manufacturing error and get a replacement. (Sorry!)

03-28-2007, 07:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Oh crap. maybe the fluid carried the dust into the filter before it evaporated. Try using a blow bulb dry. That usually gets dust off for me.

If its really stuck inbetween the filters...you should probably get it checked out.
03-28-2007, 12:21 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Skaktuss, those definitely look like dust spots to me. Still, just as a sanity check, see if you can try a different lens to see if you get the spots in the same areas.
03-28-2007, 12:47 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Good Idea Alvin. But if it is dust between the two sensors take it to a shop.
03-28-2007, 10:12 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote
I don't have any dust between the sensor and the low-pass filter. If you're right, I would consider that a manufacturing error and get a replacement. (Sorry!)
Everything was clean, when I got camera. The only manufacturers fault is possibility to get dust behind filter. Why didn't they make hermetically sealed sensor?

QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin:
Skaktuss, those definitely look like dust spots to me. Still, just as a sanity check, see if you can try a different lens to see if you get the spots in the same areas.
I tried other lenses. The spots are exactly in the same place.
QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp:
But if it is dust between the two sensors take it to a shop.
It's not that easy. We dont have a pentax dealer in Latvia. I purchased camera from UK. There is Pentax cameras in shops, but waranty and repairing service is real PITA.

At wide apertures it is hard to notice these spots, almost impossible, but at F11 and up they are very observable on bright objects. And they are darker and more contrasting than dusts ON the filter.
I think I'll have to live with this problem, perhaps dusts are not sticked too hard and will drop out. If i had a scheme how to take apart this filter and camera...