Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #16
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Here's why - I can just nail focus faster with the red indicator - I focus very fast until I see it, slow down until I see the green hex, shoot. The red indicator can act as a "green hex imminent!" warning to you.
Hmm, ok... So are you saying that (while using a MF lens) the red dot only apears when a subject in "it's area" of the viewfinder is ALMOST in focus?

I'll bet this is not at all as complcated as I am making it.. I really need to just try the system out for myself.

I'm going to Toronto monday! Yeah!

02-14-2009, 04:15 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by shuttervox Quote
Hmm, ok... So are you saying that (while using a MF lens) the red dot only apears when a subject in "it's area" of the viewfinder is ALMOST in focus?
Otherwise it would just be on all the time.
02-14-2009, 11:51 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
one thing I find with the focus confirmation, whether it is a beep or the green hexigon is that if you are not careful, you move through the focus by the time you react to it.

I am planning to perminantly convert one of my bodies to a perminant M42 body, (i.e. leave the screw mount adaptor in full time) and get a split image.

to me it seems the best approach
I have done this with one of my K10D's ... it's now know as the Manual K10D