Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2007, 04:53 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

one of my images is in a MySpace.com video

I've been invited to a one-night multi-media event (visual artists, bands, photographers, etc) in the nearby city of Fort Smith in the renovated downtown area. The invite came courtesy of one of the staff from a local radio station.

It sure isn't hi-res, but thought you might be interested in this one. I gave permission for the use of my Misty Morning image in the video.

Here's the link to the video:
MySpace Videos: B.A.N.G. Commercial!!!!!!! March 31, 2007 by Courtney King

Event Details:
This Saturday, March 31 st , BANG Artist Networking Group would like to invite you and all your friends to The BANG Downtown Fort Smith Art Event. The event will take place at The West End Corner Properties, 21 North 2nd Street at 7:00 pm.

This will be a multi-media art show featuring over 30 visual artist, 8 different musicians, slam poetry and a fashion show. Most of the artwork is for sell and 30% of profits will go to the Fort Smith Art Center's Art Reach Program.
"Courtney King is the Director of BANG – an energetic young woman casting a wide net to draw together a community of artists. She recently moved back to Fort Smith and asked "How can I help" . The Fort Smith Art Center's Art Reach program especially interests her. Part of Art Reach provides therapeutic art programs to seniors, and Courtney would like to help the Art Center extend this program to help the Art Center offer more hands-on kids classes." - e List, Entertainment Fort Smith.

Here's the real image:

I certainly don't expect anyone from the forum to show up, but hey, it should be fun! I get to stand around for 5 hours and "meet and greet". What's also interesting is that a New York photographer who has relocated to Fort Smith will also be there, with 30 years of experience. He also has stock images with Getty...

Link to his website and some of his work:
Steven Jones Photography

I am curious to see how receptive he will be to me and my work. Hopefully it will be a positive thing!

Cheers,
Marc

03-31-2007, 04:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Congrads, Marc.

That photo is incredibly beautiful - you posted this early on this year and it is one of the greatest atmosphere captured.

I want to see similar landscape when I go to US later in the year ... Will need a lot of researches into the place
03-31-2007, 07:47 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
thanks James..

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Congrads, Marc.

That photo is incredibly beautiful - you posted this early on this year and it is one of the greatest atmosphere captured.

I want to see similar landscape when I go to US later in the year ... Will need a lot of researches into the place
I appreciate your comment very much.

That was one of my first forays into landscape photography, and therefore it holds a special meaning for me.

You are most welcome to come to this area, no question. However, I am near the geographic center of the US, not on the coast, so that may not be in your travel plans...

There's over 1 million acres of Ozark National Forest in the state, most in my area, and a fair bit around the Buffalo National River, where I photograph the Elk.

Pick my brain about your travel, FWIW...

Cheers,
Marc