Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2009, 11:35 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax can take a page off Epson's book with their RD-1 series cameras... the analog controls are perfect! WB/ISO/Jpeg-Raw settings/Shutter...all can be controlled using the analog controls...(I'm actually getting one this week ) I really hope Pentax makes this kind of camera, i don't care much about the 645D, I'd rather go small and compact...

03-31-2009, 01:59 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For me it would have to have no LCD, an optical viewing system only, simple
controls a film photographer would be comfortable with. Something like a classic
Pentax mechanical SLR that uses memory cards instead of film - yes, I'd buy that.

Chris
04-04-2009, 02:12 PM   #18

Photos: Albums
MX-D?

QuoteOriginally posted by losecontrol Quote
In summer we will see a new semipro-entusiasm camera from pentax.

They have promised it will be smaller, but anyone of you would like it to be a old-design Pentax MX or LX but digital?

"Think about a Digital Fullframed MX with a metal chassit
In pure pentax/leica-stile, but not leica price..."

Who of you would buy that?

or do we prefer modern design and HD video? What road are we choose?

Regards Emil

ps. This question is posed to see what pentax members here on the forum like the new pentax. If they go more modern in the term of design and functions (video). Or if we want old good time pentax again. The choice is yours, but don't forgett to tell it here in the thread below.
Bring it on! I just recieved my first MX today (a fix-it-upper) and like it. A digital version would be my ideal Alaskan "Bush" camera!

Steve
04-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #19

PS
I too don't care if it isn't FF, but make it simple. No autofocus, no lcd, no JPG (raw only), no program mode, BIG easy focusing viewfinder. You Kxx fans need not complain about lack of features, you have them in the K's. It's a wonderful dream, but I agree, not likely to happen. Not enough market to R&D product. You have to understand-"they're just in it for the money"not just the fun of taking pics.

04-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
For me it would have to have no LCD, an optical viewing system only, simple
controls a film photographer would be comfortable with. Something like a classic
Pentax mechanical SLR that uses memory cards instead of film - yes, I'd buy that.

Chris
Pentax. Be . . . . Interesting!
04-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I agree with Chris on this. The feel of a good old fashioned ME or MX made into digital would be just the thing. Unfortunately, it won't happen. P&S are more common and easier to make that fill most of the needs in this nitch.