Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Old Pentax slide copier, with DL

Recently, I built a mounting base for a thirty year old slide/neg copier with the help of TAP Plastics. It is very simple, but it is very, very solid. I mount my DL with a no. 3 extension tube between the camera and a 50mm f1.7 SMC lens. I focus on a slide using the auto-focus beep at f1.7 and then stop down to f11. I pop up the flash and use it to trigger a slave flash. This works as good as any scanning device I have tried, used or owned. The slides are great, just crop and save. But the B&W negatives are a little more trouble, the results are good but I have to post process. Has anyone had an experience with this kind of coping? P.S. The B&W negatives are better in many ways than scans: no aliasing, more controlled shadow detail, less time consumed, and once you get it down no adjustments.

04-06-2007, 08:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Curious about the details of this device. I have thousands of slides I would love to get into digital format and more quality resolution than is available through the local camera store. Would you be so kind as to share some shots of the unit and setup?
04-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Clarence, I'll post a photo. I just got of the hospital and will have time. Maybe tonight, 4-11-07
04-11-2007, 04:10 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Pentax DL as a slide copier

Clarence, here is a 1963 slide that I recently copied. I have not as yet become a paying member of this forum. Do you get more posting space when you pay up?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DL  Photo 
04-11-2007, 08:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Looks like a good copy. As to the posting space, yes you get more space if you become a site supporter though there is quite a bit you can post until you do. I have gone into my old posts and removed the photos to make room for more. Sent you a pm.