Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dream Assignment/Photo Shoot of a Lifetime: please read and consider voting!

Everyone,

I've wanted desperately to find funding to do my own conservation project for some time now, and many are closed doors. I stumbled upon an opportunity for me to become more involved in making an impact in the world around us. I have prepared my entry for this contest: Name Your Dream Assignment Home

Microsoft and Lenovo are putting up money and a high end laptop in this contest. The winner receives $50,000 for the budget/travel/equipment and a Lenovo W700ds workstation 17" laptop. Again, there is no prize money in this contest - it is for equipment, travel and logistics. I have posted my entry and it's my hope that you believe in my abilities as a photographer and will consider voting for it. Your votes do not determine the winner! If I make it into the top 20 ideas in terms of public votes, then my entry goes to the judging panel.

Here is my entry:
Name Your Dream Assignment :: Vanishing Resources: Earth's Moment of Truth

You have a chance to stay involved with this project. Part of the winner's obligation is to report regularly via a blog on the assignment while out in the field. The potential to have an impact is significant. Make no mistake: this is not a vacation - this is personal sacrifice, long hours and potentially difficult work. Please pass the word!

Please leave a comment if you are comfortable doing that - this also pushes up my entry on the "most commented" list.

Public voting ends April 3rd, so please consider voting for this worthwhile cause!!

Sincerely,
Marc

Last edited by Marc Langille; 03-21-2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: clarification
03-21-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Vote

This is a worthwhile project and an opportunity to send Mark on another photographic adventure. We all know what happened last time

Notice of Placements - the suspense builds!

Photo Placements!!

On the VLF Website

More Images

Even More Images

Traveling Images

You get the picture - now go and vote for Marc
03-21-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Indeed I am looking forward to your shots - best of Luck Marc.
03-21-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

You got my vote. Good Luck, Marc.

03-21-2009, 03:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

You got PICD ...good luck Marc.

I have to say...damit, i hate that Nikon yellow
03-21-2009, 03:35 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Another PIC here, Marc. All the best on this oppt!
03-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Go get 'em, Marc! We're all behind you...

03-21-2009, 04:08 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I voted for you, Marc!
03-21-2009, 04:50 PM   #9
Veteran Member

You got my vote as well, Marc.
03-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Got my vote naturally..... Great concept!

I have to add that due to Marc's fairly late entry we really need to push hard to get his vote count up. The only way he has a chance is to get into the top 20 of the popular votes. This is a whacked way of weeding down the field as it punishes late entries with potentially superior concepts to early entries of any quality. For instance, if Galen Rowell entered in the last couple of days with a kick-ass project, he would most likely not make the cut regardless of having a great idea and undisputed ability to deliver.

Please register and vote for Marc's project.

I realize too that we have at least a couple of other projects submitted by PF members but after looking at all of them (that I know of anyway), Marc's is, IMHO, the superior and more significant concept.

Mike

Last edited by MRRiley; 03-21-2009 at 05:11 PM.
03-21-2009, 06:37 PM   #11
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

My vote is in as well for Marc. I hope everyone gets behind the Pentax members.
03-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I voted for you Marc. Your project has quite a lot of merit.
03-21-2009, 07:35 PM   #13
Veteran Member

You definetely have my vote. Good luck to you.
03-21-2009, 08:40 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Everyone, thank you so much for the votes of confidence in my work!

Please pass the word and/or broadcast this information - right now I've moved up almost 20 places, although my entry is still in the 140's. Mike Riley has it dead on regarding the timing of the entry. Being later to the entry pool actually hurts me. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of this contest until just 2 days ago. It took time to get this whole idea into coherent format plus the input of more than a few people and additional research.

Your vote doesn't skew the final results - it's just to get my foot in the door and hopefully make the top 20. The final decisions are made on the originality and creativity of the entry (70%) and the photographer's skill level and experience as demonstrated in his/her portfolio (30%). Bottom line is that it's for a good cause!

Please leave a comment if you are comfortable doing that - this also pushes up my entry on the "most commented" list.

Sincerely,
Marc

Last edited by Marc Langille; 03-21-2009 at 08:56 PM. Reason: clarification
03-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Looking good, you got my vote