Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Noise Ninja K10D profile

Has anyone created a Noise Ninja profile for the K10D they could share? Or has anyone created a profile who can attest to its ease and share any tips. I am considering purchasing Noise Ninja but am disappointed that they do not have a ready profile for any pentax cameras beyond the Ds.
Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

04-08-2007, 07:04 PM   #2
roy
Inactive Account

i've got the profiles for the DS but find NJ's default to be excellent. if you think it's to heavy or light adjust it using the program.
04-08-2007, 07:10 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Roy,
I didn't know there was a default setting one could use. I appreciate the info and the fact that you find it good enough. That helps to put me at ease.
12-01-2007, 04:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Actually, the developer of Noise Ninja recommends making profiles for one's camera and RAW conversion workflow. Each RAW converter handles noise in a unique way, and the differences can be significant. And of course each camera handles noise differently. If you put those two together, it means that Noise Ninja is likely to give noticeably improved results if you create a profile. Directions are on the site. I'm about to do that this afternoon, actually.

12-01-2007, 04:58 PM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by switters Quote
Actually, the developer of Noise Ninja recommends making profiles for one's camera and RAW conversion workflow. Each RAW converter handles noise in a unique way, and the differences can be significant. And of course each camera handles noise differently. If you put those two together, it means that Noise Ninja is likely to give noticeably improved results if you create a profile. Directions are on the site. I'm about to do that this afternoon, actually.
Please let us know how it goes I'm using NeatImage and it works pretty well, but I'm planning to invest in a proper RAW converter and am thinking of going for Bibble which incorporates Noise Ninja.