Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2009, 03:32 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
egordon99 - I do have the 12-24 already. I am going to shoot some tests next week, although the lighting will quite likely be different come june, but I can get close. I will test more as the time comes, but next week I am mainly testing framing (since I will have the scissor lift for 1 day).

ThorThum- Thank you, that was helpful. Do you think using a flash or strobe (or multiple) is even an option (without having 100 strobes firing)?? And the shoot will be at about 3:30 in the afternoon, but unfortunately that will still be mid day in June.

thanks
matt

03-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattrickman Quote
egordon99 - I do have the 12-24 already. I am going to shoot some tests next week, although the lighting will quite likely be different come june, but I can get close. I will test more as the time comes, but next week I am mainly testing framing (since I will have the scissor lift for 1 day).

ThorThum- Thank you, that was helpful. Do you think using a flash or strobe (or multiple) is even an option (without having 100 strobes firing)?? And the shoot will be at about 3:30 in the afternoon, but unfortunately that will still be mid day in June.

thanks
matt
To get even lighting on that many people youd need to hire a whole bunch of studio lights - dont bother.
04-01-2009, 07:57 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I think you don't need a really wide angle lens if you have a place to back up.
What you'll need is a very sharp lens, so that even when the people become very small in the photo, a lot of detail will be kept and each one would still be very recognizable.
You will usually need a very wide lens if you are contrained in a space where you can't get in all the shot you want because there's a wall on your back preventing you from backing out.
If you already know the location of the shoot, I would suggest you take all your lenses and try out which one can handle the shot you want without specifically being constrained to the lens that you have in mind right now.
For all you know, your widest lens now isn't actually what you need.
04-02-2009, 06:59 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
No need for an ND filter. Just push up the shutter speed and keep the ISO down.

If you can get in the people in the shade or lucky enough to have a cloudy day, it'll keep everyone from squinting = better faces and smiles and less harsh shadows.