Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
A little too far...

But if you all need an auxiliary Pentax group down a little further south, count me in. I'm down here in Oregon's bay area, Coos Bay (or the general area).

Oregon Bay Area Chamber of Commerce

We wouldn't likely be able to come that far very often, but maybe on occasion!

Jason

04-03-2009, 04:05 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
There are quite a few Pentaxians in the Oregon area. I started a new flickr group, take a look and see if it's something your interested in.

John
04-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by skinja Quote
There are quite a few Pentaxians in the Oregon area. I started a new flickr group, take a look and see if it's something your interested in.

John
John is correct. I think there are at least 20 forum members in Oregon. I should have been keeping count.

Steve
04-04-2009, 10:15 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Come on Oregon

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
John is correct. I think there are at least 20 forum members in Oregon. I should have been keeping count.

Steve
Hey if you would sign up on Flickr: Great North West Pentaxians I would appreciate it. I figure I will be in your state at least a couple times a year. The ideal behind the group is to make it easier to find the highlites in an area that we may otherwise miss.

John

04-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by skinja Quote
Hey if you would sign up on Flickr: Great North West Pentaxians I would appreciate it. I figure I will be in your state at least a couple times a year. The ideal behind the group is to make it easier to find the highlites in an area that we may otherwise miss.

John
Done. I think that it is possible to designate "social" groups on this forum as well, though I don't have any experience with that feature.

Steve
07-18-2009, 09:55 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I almost forgot about this thread

Done. I think that it is possible to designate "social" groups on this forum as well, though I don't have any experience with that feature.

Steve
Thanks Steve, I have been a little busy with work for the last three months or so and I kind of forgot about this thread, I think maybe it's time to stir the coals a little.

Here is the link to the social thread that steve was talking about,PentaxForums.com - Western Washington & B.C. Canada
If you have already signed up that's great, if it's something you are interested in then by all means feel free.

The problem that I see with the social group thing if you/I don't post anything and all we have is a list of names then we forget about it. So it will take a little work from all of the members to make it useful, it would be great to be able to use this as a tool to see cool things while traveling and develop new friendships with common intrests.

I revisited the social group and added some info about me, as corney as it maybe.

I look forward to hearing from some of you.

John
07-20-2009, 11:32 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hi all!

I'm in Portland and if there are any plans to have a meet-up/ shoot-up I'd be interested in going. I've read threads/posts from a lot of you in this group so it'd be fun to put some faces to the screen names! Glad this thread got resurrected too as I didn't see it before.

Mike

07-21-2009, 06:14 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vagrant10 Quote
Hi all!

I'm in Portland and if there are any plans to have a meet-up/ shoot-up I'd be interested in going. I've read threads/posts from a lot of you in this group so it'd be fun to put some faces to the screen names! Glad this thread got resurrected too as I didn't see it before.

Mike

Hi Mike glad to have you aboard, feel free to post often. We havn't been full of conversation over there yet, I am hoping with a few more new member's we may see a little more activity. so please tell us something about your self and post some pictures.

John
07-21-2009, 09:39 AM   #24
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vagrant10 Quote
Hi all!

Mike
Mike,
We really should get the Portland area Pentaxians together as well. There are a bunch of us, but I keep forgetting to compile all the names!

Steve
07-21-2009, 09:58 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Mike,
We really should get the Portland area Pentaxians together as well. There are a bunch of us, but I keep forgetting to compile all the names!

Steve
Just remember to keep me in mind when your setting up a meet. I'm kind of a sudo PAP, our son is going to the chiropractic college there and we try to get down 2 to 3 times a year.

John
07-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #26

Hi, I live in Beaverton, a suburb of Portland, OR. I'm up for any kind of meet or photowalk in the PDX metro area.
07-21-2009, 01:41 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by donelly duck eclair Quote
Hi, I live in Beaverton, a suburb of Portland, OR. I'm up for any kind of meet or photowalk in the PDX metro area.
Hi DDE, welcome glad you joined up there is also a social group that is building in this forum also. I need to talk to Adam and see if I can modify the name to add Oregon to the title, but I have Orgonians as members here to, just not to much social activity yet.

PentaxForums.com - Western Washington & B.C. Canada