Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentaxians of the great NorthWest

Hey I'm trying to get a handle on how many pentax owners there are with in say within 4 hours of Beliingham. I posted the same question on another forum and was surprised by the response.

I know where a few of you live, I had the opritunity to meet another pentax owner here in Bellingham. I had a great time.

I think it would be a informative tool.

Anyone interested?

John

04-01-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Sounds like a great idea. You will likely draw in the BC lower mainland crowd as well. As for me...I am just a little too far south, though the thought of a little vacation is tempting...

Steve
04-01-2009, 09:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

That would include me. I'm on the Cascades edge of the Willamette Valley in Oregon...
04-01-2009, 10:42 AM   #4
DAZ
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You are (as you know) almost up to Canada. But 4 hours put it all the way to Portland. This opens Everett (me), Seattle, Tacoma, and Olympia south. As far east as Moses Lake so east give you Ellensburg, Yakima but Kennewick is 30 minutes to far and Spokane is 1 hour 30 minutes to far. West is every thing down to almost Long Beach. That is a lot and not even counting Canada, but on a bad day it may take 4 hours just to get from Canada to the US.

DAZ

04-01-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oregon is ok by me

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Sounds like a great idea. You will likely draw in the BC lower mainland crowd as well. As for me...I am just a little too far south, though the thought of a little vacation is tempting...

Steve
QuoteOriginally posted by OregonJim Quote
That would include me. I'm on the Cascades edge of the Willamette Valley in Oregon...

Our son is going to college in Portland so we will make it down a couple of times a year if you guys set something up with your local pentaxians let me know and I may be able to make it down on one of our trips to Portland. I will post something similar on DP to see what kind of interest I get there.

I also posted on another forum, there were a few others from the Oregon area that would be interested also. So far I have contacts on about 20 from the California border to mid BC. I'm sure there are others.

I will keep you informed on the progress. drop me a PM with your city and name and I will see about setting up a map or spread sheet.

thanks,

John
04-01-2009, 11:21 AM   #6

4 hours from Bellingham? Only if I drive REALLY fast. I'm in Central Oregon.
04-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
There are others in your area

QuoteOriginally posted by Jester_rm Quote
4 hours from Bellingham? Only if I drive REALLY fast. I'm in Central Oregon.
Your more then welcome to come on up but there are about 7 others from Tacoma south to the California border that I know of right now. The theme is to put feelers out, about 100 to 200 miles out from where you live and see if you get any takers on shooting the cool stuff you already know about that they don't or visa verca, talking gear, maybe even build a friendship that you would't have other wise.

Let me know what you think,

John

04-01-2009, 11:51 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I'm in Tri-cities a bit more than 4 hours from Bellingham. I get to Seattle a few times a year, so a meet-up might provide some more intensive.
04-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Lived in Kennewick for a year

QuoteOriginally posted by tybeck Quote
I'm in Tri-cities a bit more than 4 hours from Bellingham. I get to Seattle a few times a year, so a meet-up might provide some more intensive.
Thanks Ty.

We lived in Kennewick for a bout a year about 15 years ago and loved the weather there.

So I will add you to my list.

Between the 3 forums that I post on I have 30+ that are interested and this only been since last night.

Hope to meet you some time, or atleast meet someone that has.

Thanks,

John
04-01-2009, 09:06 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
If your interested take a look

Check it out, Flickr: Great North West Pentaxians if your interested send me an email and I will send you an invite.

Let me know what you think. maybe some others can adapt for there areas.
04-01-2009, 10:28 PM   #11
Inactive Account

I'm up for it; I've met (and purchased from) two local PF members already. In fact, Jon and I swapped a few lenses for a week to give each other a chance to try out lenses we interested in possibly buying.

Tri-Cities, BC

QuoteOriginally posted by skinja Quote
Check it out, Flickr: Great North West Pentaxians if your interested send me an email and I will send you an invite.

04-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thats what I'm talking about

QuoteOriginally posted by legacyb4 Quote
I'm up for it; I've met (and purchased from) two local PF members already. In fact, Jon and I swapped a few lenses for a week to give each other a chance to try out lenses we interested in possibly buying.

Tri-Cities, BC
This is exactly the type of environment that I am hoping to create. Thanks for joining.

John
04-02-2009, 01:40 PM   #13

I'll chime in. Since moving to B'ham I havn't had much chance to shoot, and let it fall to the wayside for a bit (busy with work, go to seattle too often to visit friends). But since getting the 40mm and 70mm limiteds around christmas, I'm looking to get back into it (the approaching spring is also a motivation, since I've never been this far north in spring yet).

My main interests are portraiture (preferably candid), and motorsports photography.
04-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Welcome

QuoteOriginally posted by uwmechengr Quote
I'll chime in. Since moving to B'ham I havn't had much chance to shoot, and let it fall to the wayside for a bit (busy with work, go to seattle too often to visit friends). But since getting the 40mm and 70mm limiteds around christmas, I'm looking to get back into it (the approaching spring is also a motivation, since I've never been this far north in spring yet).

My main interests are portraiture (preferably candid), and motorsports photography.
Always glad to see another Pentaxian in Bham area feel free to check out this site it's new and it's empty 5 members as it stands.

Let's see a Mech eng. Ch2, Anvil or Jacobs?
04-02-2009, 05:26 PM   #15

Always glad to see another Pentaxian in Bham area feel free to check out this site it's new and it's empty 5 members as it stands.

Let's see a Mech eng. Ch2, Anvil or Jacobs?

Team Corporation in Burlington, actually.