Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2007, 12:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Upcoming Trip to Florida. Photographic recommendations?

Planning a family trip to Florida soon. Plan to do the Disney Parks, staying in the Orlando area. As this is a family vacation, not a photo outing, shooting time will be limited, but I generally get to squeeze a little shooting time in.

Never been further South than Michigan. Any recommendations of things to see/shoot? I expect that we will be taking a trip to the coast at least once.

thanx

04-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #2
Inactive Account

If you've never been further south than Michigan then you'll likely want to photograph everything. The vegetation is probably the most fascinating part to me, as Florida is quite humid, and therefore lush. Here in California, even on the coast, it is arrid and desert-like.
04-11-2007, 08:32 PM   #3

There's a Gator Park near Homestead. They have a lake full of huge Alligators.
While there do the airboat tour. They take you through the Everglades where you'll see wild alligators, birds, turtles... Towards the end of the tour they do some 360s with the airboat, which is a blast.
Also Everglades National Park is a place to visit. Lots of birds. Bring bug spray!!
Equipment wise I'd bring a wide angle (scenery) and a tele (200mm+For birds) with polarizer.
04-12-2007, 04:57 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Depending on your length of stay, and finances!!!, you might want to look at going over to the Cape Canaveral complex. The Kennedy Visitor Center has a great tour, but pricey.
Ther is a local Gator spot, Gator Land, that is within a few miles of Disney, that is very good.
If you need to talk send me a PM. I live in the area.

Walt

04-12-2007, 05:28 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Be Careful . . .

You will have a great time and find that the photo ops are almost endless . . . be sure to bring extra SD cards

One word of caution . . . always keep your equipment with you or locked in the hotel (room) safe . . . as a resident, I hate to admit it, but, something like a digi cam is a prime candidate for theft . . .

Hope you have a great trip and share some of your shots . . .
Paul
04-13-2007, 06:13 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the recommendations, Gators are one thing I would really like to see, and I think I would Love a Air Boat ride through the everglades. We'll see how things work out.

Thanks for the tip on the camera security issues. I'll keep that in mind.