Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Humorous ad for "BNIB" K1000

Thought some of you (us) here might appreciate the description in this ad:

Pentax k-1000 Brand new film camera

I'm going to Chicago next weekend, and I always check craigslist for "pentax" to see if I can score something good while in town.

**Interesting aside: Craigslist Chicago has 15 pentax-related listings, while Craigslist Toronto (a metro area 1/3 the size) has 85! I must be in the right town...

04-11-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Thought some of you (us) here might appreciate the description in this ad:

Pentax k-1000 Brand new film camera

I'm going to Chicago next weekend, and I always check craigslist for "pentax" to see if I can score something good while in town.

**Interesting aside: Craigslist Chicago has 15 pentax-related listings, while Craigslist Toronto (a metro area 1/3 the size) has 85! I must be in the right town...
Funny! I have to admit that I've attempted to chimp my K1000 (especially if I'm alternating between it and the K200D). I've also tried to flip the (non-existant) film advance lever on the K200D after taking a shot. My wife's car is an automatic, and whenever I drive it, I try to use the clutch that isn't there. There's something to be said for Apple's philosophy of a consistent user interface!