Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2009, 08:34 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SuperAkuma Quote
I get your point. I know how to get the proper exposure without using flash with no problem. The problem is the flash, I have no idea how to use it. When I use it with my K20D, I can get the job done but it will require me to play around with the setting on the flash first. Since I am able to get I am able to get instant feedback, I can adjust it on the spot. But with film, we all know it is not instant feedback. I will have to wait a week for the lab class to process the film. By then it will be too late.

I will learn how to use the flash properly later and I will be using my dSLR. The teacher will go more in depth detail about setting up the flash in the next semester. For this semester, he just wants us to experiment with using flash.
as others have said, this is where a quality light meter comes in

you sync the meter with the flash, place it on your subject and fire a test shot, it will then tell you what F stop to use given your choice of speed and ISO.

with digital this need is eliminated, so you dont read many posts on light meter usage, because in most situations, particulary flashless, its not going to give ou an advantage.

buy a meter, practice with it on digital, then apply your knowledge to film.

04-20-2009, 02:44 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You can change lenses, film, whatever. So long as the ios, apeture, flash power and shutter speed is the same on film and digi, you'll get the same exposure.