Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2009, 12:24 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ajuett Quote
I thought we wanted to avoid ghosting when it comes to lenses?
That's the spirit! (ugh)

I'll leave now...

05-24-2009, 12:38 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by georgweb Quote
... the more mundane ghosts out of the machine - some photogs are really actively looking for them instead of avoiding them, likewise to ytterbium's pics and the first one from Rio Rico, I guess.
I wasn't really trying to get that lens flare, I'd just happened to swing the old camcorder into the sun whilst zillions of seagulls flocked around the mouth of the Russian River (NorCal). When I was grabbing frames (a tedious process in the Win95 days), that one stood out, a perfect addition to my set of uncanny images made on a short vacation.

At the time, I hosted or was invited to moderate several UFO/conspiracy forums - I was the designated skeptic. I wanted to show that such images were easy to engineer. That flying UFO? A round rock, tossed high. That bigfootprint? My own size 18 with a small ruler. That sasquatch? Carved. I had other shots of odd antennae, mystic rivers, odd patterns in rocks and water, etc. I left out all the pics of coyote pelts nailed to fence posts - too gritty, too real. Slaughter isn't funny; foolishness is.
05-28-2009, 09:03 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Interesting, i think i might try a few shots like this one day.
06-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #19

Philbaum and MRriley really nice ones, I've always thought of doing something like that

I have one Ghostlike photo of a friend when he got to pose as an old man. After I had uploaded the photos I noticed his arm holding the pipe is almost invisible, propably because he was to drunk to sit still in 3seconds. (Click to view larger)