Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Would You Be Happy?

Our family recently went to a studio. We've gotten a lot pickier since becoming photographers, but remote shot photographs don't work as well when you have small children. So we picked the most expensive studio around, and I had seen some of their pictures that looked really good.

I asked during the shoot how we were doing on the glasses glare, since I wear glasses. She said, "Oh, I've got it covered." I tried to keep my chin down, etc.

I went in to pick out pictures, and most of the pictures had glasses glare on them. I commented about it in the one photograph, and she said, "That will be eight dollars to fix." I was so surprised that I couldn't think of anything to say, so I agreed to it. We didn't talk about the glasses glare in the other pictures. I assumed (wrongly) that she would know I wanted it fixed on all of them.

What do you know, I get the pictures back, and all but one has glasses glare on them. I felt really stupid calling her up, but she's giving me a free 8X10 so I can't complain.

What do you all think? Is that not the photographer's problem to make sure glasses glare is either taken care of at the time of the photograph or later in post-processing? Would you sell a photograph with glasses glare? Would you be happy if you spent $200 for sitting fee and prints and most of the prints had glasses glare on them?

Interested in hearing your thoughts.

05-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
$200 for untouched shots??

If it were me... I'd demand my money back, plain and simple. Dropping $200 for SOC images and ONE free 8 X 10 print is a pure rip off.

Last edited by maritimer; 05-05-2009 at 12:42 PM.
05-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by maritimer Quote
$200 for untouched shots??

If it were me... I'd demand my money back, plain and simple. Dropping $200 for SOC images and ONE free 8 X 10 print is a pure rip off.
I agree! Let's face it, if it were you taking the photographs, what would you do? I know that I'd have more pride in my work than to do that kind of sloppy camera work. It's too bad that too many photographers are depending on post processing to take care of their inept work. Let's let these sloppy photogs know their laziness won't be tolerated. Refuse to pay for the work and have a "Professional" do the work for you. I would then let everyone that I know that they (the studio) isn't recommended. Ever hear of letters to the editor in your local newspaper?

jimH

Last edited by jimH; 05-05-2009 at 04:58 PM.
05-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jimH Quote
. Refuse to pay for the work and have a "Professional" do the work for you.
I agree - problem is , *anyone* can hang out a shingle and call themselves a 'professional' photographer. There is no barrier to entry as in other fields. No degree required, no certifications. You're pretty much stuck with relying on word-of-mouth recommendations...