Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2007, 03:26 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

hey guys just wondered...all mine say "Ready for Review" does that mean they have yet to be looked at? im confused and can;t fidn an answer here or there!

cheers ed

06-12-2007, 04:08 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Yep "ready for review" means you are just waiting for them to get around to looking at them... Sometimes this taks 48hours at worst 3 weeks
06-12-2007, 06:10 PM   #48
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some of my rejects

Last edited by Ole; 06-12-2007 at 06:21 PM.
08-16-2007, 03:31 AM   #49
Veteran Member

I think some of Joel's shots are very nice...some rejections are surprising, especially when qualified by the fact that there was no framing included.

08-17-2007, 08:23 AM   #50

Joel I think your shots are amazing. Your reject gallary is better than a lot of shots that I've seen elsewhere.

I agree with Ben, opinions are just that. Keep up the great work.

Shawn
08-17-2007, 09:19 AM   #51
Veteran Member

I think the "ready for review" may mean more these days. I bet the ones that get a lot of "NO" votes are rejected out of hand pretty quickly. If your shots are in review for a little while that could mean that they've passed "voter" muster and now are just waiting for official judging. At least thats what I'm hoping because I've had a few in review for several days while a couple of others were declined fairly quickly.
08-17-2007, 03:38 PM   #52
Veteran Member

My rejects..

No reasons given, but I can see why they don't stand out from the crowd.

They did accept 9, though.

I'd like to know who the Norwegian is who seems to submit every photo he/she's ever taken of a fjiord!

08-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote

I'd like to know who the Norwegian is who seems to submit every photo he/she's ever taken of a fjiord!
You've seen (ALOT) of his work too?!?

Nice photos by the way!
08-17-2007, 05:29 PM   #54
Inactive Account

I don't know what their critique specks are like or if they even have any but I see no reason why some are accepted and not others. In fact some of the ones that are accepted shouldn't even be posted in a forum.
but Tom I see no reason why yours that are posted here didn't make it. They are terrific.
08-17-2007, 07:16 PM   #55

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
I don't know what their critique specks are like or if they even have any but I see no reason why some are accepted and not others...........
Try dealing with commercial "Art Directors" Then you'll understand why Ben employs an agent to act as a buffer between him and the crassness of publishing world bureaucracies.
08-18-2007, 05:17 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Of my first batch of 6, these 5 were rejected.

(I submitted this one without the frame)

08-18-2007, 05:59 AM   #57
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
I think the "ready for review" may mean more these days. I bet the ones that get a lot of "NO" votes are rejected out of hand pretty quickly.
I bet you're right. They probably get a big volume as these K series cameras become more popular. They probably look at the thumbnails quickly and toss many that appear similar to others etc. I'd be a happy camper if I had taken 95% of what has been posted in this thread. Some excellent images here from all so far. Many of the rejects surprise me and Ben's comments on opinion are so true.

For example Mike Lusk's Yellow and Black butterfly in flight is a knockout. That is one tough shot to get (particularly so well exposed, framed and so clear) and possibly a once in a lifetime image (it would be for me at least). IMO that's goes for many of the shots in this thread.
08-18-2007, 06:06 AM   #58

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote

No reasons given, but I can see why they don't stand out from the crowd.

They did accept 9, though.

For what it is worth, I voted for all 4 of those shots. I especially liked the butterfly in flight . . . really hard to capture!
08-18-2007, 01:07 PM   #59

Pentax Photo Gallery Photographer link

I have lost/accidently deleted the link to the photographer link for logging in to submit photos--anyone here can help me with the link?

Thanks
08-18-2007, 02:43 PM   #60
Veteran Member

what they look for

they look for photos with that extra special thing, anyone can take a photo but how do you make it special? a different angle, waiting for the right light, waiting for an expression? etc etc

basically something that provokes an emotive expression!