Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2007, 02:44 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nick1946 Quote
I have lost/accidently deleted the link to the photographer link for logging in to submit photos--anyone here can help me with the link?

Thanks
Photo Gallery :: Artist Pages

08-18-2007, 06:13 PM   #62
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by roscot Quote
Of my first batch of 6, these 5 were rejected.

(I submitted this one without the frame)

Like I said earlier no Rhyme or reason to their choices. I think they should at least say why they were rejected.

By the way Alan I was there when you took the first shot in DC. I thought it was good then and still think it is a good shot now, just like the rest you have posted. Keep shooting my friend and keep posting.
08-20-2007, 04:07 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Thanks Dave,
The funny thing is , the sunset shot that was accepted, although I think is nice, The one rejected, I thought was the better of the 2.

Oh well, everyone is entitled to they're opinion.
10-13-2008, 10:10 PM   #64

Here we go, these two were rejected quite quickly I think. Your opinions?

10-14-2008, 11:25 AM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ghost Quote
Here we go, these two were rejected quite quickly I think. Your opinions?
Both are very nice! If I ever voted, I would've voted for both of these. I like the first one better, I guess because it's a less complicated composition. Both are well thought out and well executed.

Here's my most recent reject (I've had a bunch). It didn't take long to be rejected. I like this one much better than some of the others that I had accepted back in the beginning. (Taken with the K20D, DA*16-50, handheld at 1/3s - yes I submitted the correct size, but didn't keep it around.)

Last edited by rfortson; 10-14-2008 at 09:21 PM.
10-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #66
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ghost,

The first one got my yes but perhaps it somewhat 'charged' to be generally excepted.
I don't remember seeing the second one. I do vote regulary and I'm sure I don't allways get to see everything that appears in the 'recently added' photo's. Strange.

Don' t take the not being accepted to personal. After all, voting is a subjective process: de gustibus non disputamdum est.

Besides, think of it in the official term: "declined". It's easier to swallow than "rejected" .
10-14-2008, 10:02 PM   #67

QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote
Ghost,

The first one got my yes but perhaps it somewhat 'charged' to be generally excepted.
I don't remember seeing the second one. I do vote regulary and I'm sure I don't allways get to see everything that appears in the 'recently added' photo's. Strange.

Don' t take the not being accepted to personal. After all, voting is a subjective process: de gustibus non disputamdum est.

Besides, think of it in the official term: "declined". It's easier to swallow than "rejected" .
The first one is funny because I'm not a very religious person. If one were to be accepted I would have thought the second. I love what I do and the pictures I take so I will wait for the PPG to like my stuff, not the other way around.

I really like your photo, but I wish it was framed differently. I just want to get one in so I can vote on photos like yours. Thats all I want.

10-15-2008, 09:59 AM   #68
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ghost Quote
I really like your photo, but I wish it was framed differently....
Thanks, I guess but what photo would that be?
10-15-2008, 03:04 PM   #69

I think I quoted the wrong person. I was refering to the night merry go round shot. weird...