Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
"The Coming Revolution"

Photoshop Insider Blog By Scott Kelby Blog Archive It’s “Guest Blog Wednesday” featuring David duChemin!

A very worthwhile and not-so-long read

Diego

05-15-2009, 08:25 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree, a very worthwhile read. Thanks for posting this link.
05-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I especially liked this thought:

"What matters is that we’ll stop being bankrupted by the need to keep up with this maddening pace and instead will learn to use the technology we do have, not to create images simply because we can, but to create images that better express our vision in more and more compelling, and gratifying, ways."
05-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Please, please let this come to pass!

05-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I did really like that article. Though some might
guess.
05-16-2009, 08:03 PM   #6
Veteran Member

It looks like there's more than one of us that are headed in the same direction. Having gotten so wrapped up in gear, the joy I get out of photography faded somewhat. Now that my focus is less on gear and more on creating, the joy is coming back.

Here's a link to the video that the original blogger referred to in the article link posted by the OP:

Zack Arias - Atlanta based editorial music photographer Transform :: A short film for ScottKelby.com

I guess one good sign that my gear obsession has noticably lessened is that while I'm looking forward to the introduction of the K7, I'm not obsessing about what I need to sell in order to get in line to get one.

Heather
05-16-2009, 11:39 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
I guess one good sign that my gear obsession has noticably lessened is that while I'm looking forward to the introduction of the K7, I'm not obsessing about what I need to sell in order to get in line to get one.
Ditto here, Heather. I'm having too much fun with the K200D (and even the *ist DL). I'm not even looking at the K20D yet, let alone the K-7.

Lenses are another matter...

05-17-2009, 03:55 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Glad you liked the writeup
05-17-2009, 05:29 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I realized I was mostly done when I finally cut into the virgin foam in the Pelican case to hold my lenses.
05-17-2009, 05:38 AM   #10
Veteran Member

The write up is fantastic. so are the pics too.
05-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #11
Veteran Member

It looks like there's more than one of us that are headed in the same direction. Having gotten so wrapped up in gear, the joy I get out of photography faded somewhat. Now that my focus is less on gear and more on creating, the joy is coming back.

Heather
I'm finding I'm a lot less worried about it now that I'm settled in with the new system and feel like I've got the most of what I need to do what I do... it's always that last ten percent of what I do that seems to need ninety percent of the *things.* I do seem to detect some things are starting to level off in the digital world, relatively speaking, at least in terms of things like resolution and MP and the like: it ought to start making less difference what gear one uses again soon enough.