Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I LOVE RITZ CAMERA! BG2 deals!

Today I went to two places that I've always hated to go to. The mall and Ritz camera. I went shopping with my wife at the mall and they had a ritz camera there. I dropped by to see what they have on sale because I heard they where closing down. I walked in without planning to buy anything. I saw they had the Pentax BG2 with a BIG tag saying %60 off. Ok I was thinking %60 off of $200, the MSRP price will still be more than what I want to pay because most online place sells them for $130.

I asked her how much it cost and she scanned the unit and it came up to $28.80. I was shocked at the price because last week I wanted to buy it from amazon for $130 but they where out of stock. I asked her to double check the price and to see if that was for the BG2 and NOT the BG3. She assured me it was for the BG2 and it was for the Pentax K10D or K20D. I was even more shocked that she knew what camera it was for. So I bought it. It came to $31.32 with tax.

I dropped by another ritz and they where sold out of just about everything in there. They only had the BG3 and the Pentax wireless remote. So I bought that for $4.80.

Here is proof.

I highly recommend everyone to drop by your local Ritz camera to see what they have on sale.
Here is the list of the stores that are closing
http://mms.businesswire.com/bwapps/mediaserver/ViewMedia?mgid=178358&vid=1&download=1

Last edited by SuperAkuma; 05-15-2009 at 03:37 PM.
05-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad to see you are taking advantage of bargains that still seem be to be available at the local Ritz stores. There is another thread on here that listed many of the bargains many of us got, but it looks like you have gotten the best deal so far. I paid $43 for my BG2.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/59292-picked-up-bargain-i-think.html

Alex
05-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

What!!!!????
05-15-2009, 06:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

That's insane. They might as well give them away.

05-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yup.... there were reports of K10Ds going for $247, K20Ds going for $450, Pentax 18-250mm megazoom lens and Pentax 10-17mm lens for $299, Remote F's for as little as $4. Many stores still have the kit lens for as little as $25! Makes me want to go to another Ritz just to see what is still tucked away behind the counter!

Alex
05-15-2009, 09:07 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just go back from Ritz hunting. I went to 3 more stores. One of them closed down already, the other one had nothing worth buying and the 3rd one was closed for the day. The one that was closed for the day was the biggest ritz store that I've ever seen and it looks like they had lots of Pentax gear. I couldn't see what they where I could only make out the grey pentax box for the accessory and the black lens box with the green DA on it. I will go back to tomorrow to see what I can get. I am hoping to pick up the Pentax 17-70mm or any other Pentax lens that is not the stock lens.

I will report back tomorrow.
05-16-2009, 01:24 AM   #7
Veteran Member

This probably explains why there have been quite a few "brand new in box" items on sale in the marketplace lately. Not that I have any problems with this at all; it's a chance for some people to pick up a few bargains and for others to make a few dollars.

05-16-2009, 05:32 AM   #8
Veteran Member

"Its the recession we had to have" P.Keating Ex PM of Australia mid 1990's

Ppl have found a bargain where else can prices like this that can be had

cheers
05-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote
This probably explains why there have been quite a few "brand new in box" items on sale in the marketplace lately. Not that I have any problems with this at all; it's a chance for some people to pick up a few bargains and for others to make a few dollars.
I'm fine with the great bargains, but I am not a fan of the bottom dwellers who snatch up what they can up just to make quick cash and lower the chances of others on a budget or who could really used the item from finding a nice bargain. I really wish people would get a job and earn money the right way. I really dislike people who act like scalpers.
05-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SuperAkuma Quote
Today I went to two places that I've always hated to go to. The mall and Ritz camera. I went shopping with my wife at the mall and they had a ritz camera there. I dropped by to see what they have on sale because I heard they where closing down. I walked in without planning to buy anything. I saw they had the Pentax BG2 with a BIG tag saying %60 off. Ok I was thinking %60 off of $200, the MSRP price will still be more than what I want to pay because most online place sells them for $130.

I asked her how much it cost and she scanned the unit and it came up to $28.80. I was shocked at the price because last week I wanted to buy it from amazon for $130 but they where out of stock. I asked her to double check the price and to see if that was for the BG2 and NOT the BG3. She assured me it was for the BG2 and it was for the Pentax K10D or K20D. I was even more shocked that she knew what camera it was for. So I bought it. It came to $31.32 with tax.

I dropped by another ritz and they where sold out of just about everything in there. They only had the BG3 and the Pentax wireless remote. So I bought that for $4.80.

Here is proof.

I highly recommend everyone to drop by your local Ritz camera to see what they have on sale.
Here is the list of the stores that are closing
http://mms.businesswire.com/bwapps/mediaserver/ViewMedia?mgid=178358&vid=1&download=1
Lets see:

K100DS $209

Quantary 70-300f/4-5.6 $74

Quantary TC $23

I think I did pretty good too!

They were out of everything else I could use(tons of remotes and a few 200 flashes and a Sigma 28-80 F/3.5-5.6), but there are a couple of stores I have not hit yet and payday is this Thursday..................
05-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, I found out there's a BG2 at the local Ritz for the 43 dollar price. Tsk, and I already had gotten one. But if anyone's still looking, I could maybe go snag for some minor consideration.
05-24-2009, 04:25 PM   #12
Veteran Member

that may be the only "deal" I have ever seen from them..otherwise full retail, limited stock, and taking up space.

Keep in mind, "deal" is for a 3-4 year old accessory which has been previously uber-priced, much like most of the Pentax accessory items.

Jason
05-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Since there are no Ritz stores within 200 miles of my home, I'll have to go BG2less. I did however get a free 30 pack of Pabst today from my local grocery store. They forgot to ring it up.

Larry
05-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Blah...the only store closing (still) is about an hour away. Still don't know if the one on the West Side ever closed or not. Could look into it I guess...

QuoteOriginally posted by AlbertSiegel Quote
I'm fine with the great bargains, but I am not a fan of the bottom dwellers who snatch up what they can up just to make quick cash and lower the chances of others on a budget or who could really used the item from finding a nice bargain. I really wish people would get a job and earn money the right way. I really dislike people who act like scalpers.
There's plenty of businesses/careers involving buying low and selling high.
05-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by larryinlc Quote
Since there are no Ritz stores within 200 miles of my home, I'll have to go BG2less. I did however get a free 30 pack of Pabst today from my local grocery store. They forgot to ring it up.

Larry
They did that on purpose as they could not believe anybody in their right mind would actually buy that crap.