Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #1
Forum Member

K7 Purchasers...start buying flowers for your wives..NOW

Ok...

I figure I'll be ahead of the game and start buttering up my wife for when I come home with a K7 in tow....

Flowers
Chocolates
Clean house
Clean kid(s)
Clean car

you name it......so get to work people....

The less friction and more you have in your pocket such as the list mentioned the more leverage you have in not returning back to the camera store and having that embarrased look while making a return...

of course MY WIFE doesn't care what I buy...she is just happy as pie with it all..........<--lies.

05-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxperson Quote
Ok...

I figure I'll be ahead of the game and start buttering up my wife for when I come home with a K7 in tow....

Flowers
Chocolates
Clean house
Clean kid(s)
Clean car

you name it......so get to work people....

of course MY WIFE doesn't care what I buy...she is just happy as pie with it all..........<--lies.
What if my WIFE wants to buy a K-7? What does she buy ME to butter ME up?
05-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #3
Dom

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Easy another K-7.
05-19-2009, 07:24 AM   #4

Above all don't look like you've been planning this all along.
Let her find an advert in a photo mag about the new K-7.
A camera which just happens to answer the flaws you've recently found in your Pentax.

Then its kind of her fault :P ihihiihihih.

05-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #5
mel
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dom Quote
Easy another K-7.
and what if he's a non-photography person? not askin' for any reason or anything. but suggestions are welcome (other than the obvious).
05-20-2009, 11:47 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
sometimes it's a boon to be single...
05-21-2009, 03:48 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
sometimes it's a boon to be single...

And sometimes it's a boon to be married for 42 years to your soul mate who says...."buy what you want".

05-21-2009, 04:43 AM   #8

I've been dropping subtle hints to dear hubby over the last couple of weeks that the time may have come to upgrade. After today's release told him that it is a must as I have developed a severe case of G.A.S (AKA gear acquisition syndrome) for which the only known cure is purchasing the K-7 when it is available.
05-21-2009, 05:07 AM   #9
mel
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jena Quote
I've been dropping subtle hints to dear hubby over the last couple of weeks that the time may have come to upgrade. After today's release told him that it is a must as I have developed a severe case of G.A.S (AKA gear acquisition syndrome) for which the only known cure is purchasing the K-7 when it is available.

Lucky you. Mine doesn't pick up on the subtle hint thing. Plus with the accounting background all the numbers have to work. But I believe I'm making progress. He actually went to the BH website and looked at it all on his own yesterday. So maybe maybe maybe.
05-21-2009, 05:36 AM   #10
Veteran Member

More important how do you explain why you "want" the new model.

Me - New Pentax came out today. It looks great I want to get it

Her - Don't you already have a camera

Me - yea, but this one is new and can do video and has new features and I skipped the K20 becuase I am waiting for the new model that I hope will have better high ISO noise.

Her - doesn't the other one, no two cameras you have work still.

Me - yea but this one has features that blow away the two I have. and a 3" view finder, live view.

Her - How much.

Me - only $1300

Her - LOLOLOLOLOLOL LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I need to figure a way to "accidentally" drop the K10 - I am kidding it is not that bad but she likes to make me squirm when I want new camera toys.
05-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #11
Veteran Member

All you may need to do is keep coming home with a similar-*looking* old camera on your shoulder, (It's not just retro styling, it's *camoflage!) for a couple months, then discreetly switch when the K-7 arrives and try not to let on like anything's different.

Which may be the tough part. You'll be like, 'Looky this new thing you really don't care about the specs of! '

I assume no responsibility for anyone actually trying this: my own partnership is based on honesty and my own photo pursuits being hand-to-mouth and financially-independent of the rest of our life.
05-21-2009, 03:49 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
A brick of film?
05-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Me - Wow, hunnie today Pentax finally make the camera that could be the best camera in 2009.

Wife - Ok

Me - This one I will have it soon. I need a backup camera.

Wife - Ok

Me - It has so many features that mine doesn't have. It's a must have features.

Wife - So, what are they?

Me - There are so many...like....ehm let me read it again and tell you tomorrow...

Wife -
05-24-2009, 05:36 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
and what if he's a non-photography person? not askin' for any reason or anything. but suggestions are welcome (other than the obvious).
So mel, what's he into? Golf? New carbon fiber clubs; Fishing? New boat (or at least a bunch of new fishy type gear; Cars? this is a toughie...nothing monitarily equivalent to a new camera body...maybe a whole bunch of bling for his ride; and there's always the new 50" flat panel TV.
edit: as for the obvious, a new outfit from Victoria's Secret and maybe he won't care what you get!

NaCl(and if he doesn't enjoy gear related hobbies and doesn't watch a lot of TV, then he must be a saint)H2O
05-24-2009, 07:12 PM   #15
mel
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
So mel, what's he into? Golf? New carbon fiber clubs; Fishing? New boat (or at least a bunch of new fishy type gear; Cars? this is a toughie...nothing monitarily equivalent to a new camera body...maybe a whole bunch of bling for his ride; and there's always the new 50" flat panel TV.
edit: as for the obvious, a new outfit from Victoria's Secret and maybe he won't care what you get!

NaCl(and if he doesn't enjoy gear related hobbies and doesn't watch a lot of TV, then he must be a saint)H2O
as for edit commentary - lol. yeah that would work. but um. yeah.

As for the others, well, he watches a lot of TV and TV sports and I am VERY tolerant of it thankyouverymuch and have been to the point of saintliness, and one tax return I said just go buy the flatscreen tv you want, whatever one you want, I'm fine with it. He runs avidly and I have been VERY supportive of it (going to races and putting up with the obsessiveness, encouraging good shoe purchases etc) thankyouverymuch. So really. I think I ought to be able to just get the camera due to years and years of tolerance of the above mentioned things.

But I'll keep in mind the back up plan. lol