Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2009, 08:09 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats to Pentax users

Just wanted to pop in and say congrats to all of you on a wonderfully new designed camera, the K7. Pentax did an exceptional job at making something new without abandoning any of Pentax traditions, I am highly impressed.

Pentax's new K7 exemplifies DSLR design across the entire industry in my opinion, with more force than the K20D did (overall). I hope Pentax enjoys all of the success they truly deserve with this product (and new products as well).

I too use Pentax (K20D K100D super), yet as some know they aren't my main system, yet getting this camera and selling my others is very tempting.

Carl

05-20-2009, 08:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Carl, the K-7 is about that size of the Super you and I own. That alone is a VERY temping upgrade path for me.
05-20-2009, 11:47 AM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
Just wanted to pop in and say congrats to all of you on a wonderfully new designed camera, the K7. Pentax did an exceptional job at making something new without abandoning any of Pentax traditions, I am highly impressed.

Pentax's new K7 exemplifies DSLR design across the entire industry in my opinion, with more force than the K20D did (overall). I hope Pentax enjoys all of the success they truly deserve with this product (and new products as well).

I too use Pentax (K20D K100D super), yet as some know they aren't my main system, yet getting this camera and selling my others is very tempting.

Carl
Carl,
Looks like you and I are in the same boat I have a k200d and very tempted to trade up to this camera if it lives up to all the hype. I almost bought a Nikon D90 but didn't because I would have to start all over using a brand new lens system. This K 7 adds HD movies which to a former bridge-cam owner like myself is just icing on the cake to a DSLR that can take older Pentax compatible lenses I already own, live view is also a nice added touch. Can't wait for the extensive reviews in the coming months.

Barry
05-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Well thank you.

05-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rush2112 Quote
Pentax did an exceptional job at making something new without abandoning any of Pentax traditions
Except for the nice little lift and turn latching knob for the SD card door. I think the K10D/K20D look better too. It appears that the K7 is a bit smaller than the K*0D cameras. Size of the K10D was high on the priority list as I find larger cameras more comfortable to use.