Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2009, 10:35 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
yeah I hoped the "I have more MP" crowd would just go away....but there is always going to be people screaming out for more. i'm glad that Pentax didn't push the sensor of the K7 too far. and Olympus recognised that 10Mp on the 4/3rd system was as far as they could go. It shows that the company cares about the image quality of their cameras.

05-21-2009, 03:21 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
yeah I hoped the "I have more MP" crowd would just go away....but there is always going to be people screaming out for more. i'm glad that Pentax didn't push the sensor of the K7 too far. and Olympus recognised that 10Mp on the 4/3rd system was as far as they could go. It shows that the company cares about the image quality of their cameras.
The E620 & E30 have 12MP but you´re right, smaller sensor means fewer MP without bad noise. If Canon made 4/3 cameras they´d have squeezed at least 15MP in there by now (& damn the noise).

I still take great pics with my Sony H1 (5MP, 4 years old) that put to shame pics taken with many newer cameras with more MP. It´s not that more MP is fundamentally bad, just that it´s far less important than other factors, most of all knowing how to use the camera. I´ve seen people with shiny new cameras go on holiday, take a bunch of pics & then come back only to find half of them are VGA size!!! Or that half of them are out of focus.

Last edited by Jonathan Mac; 05-21-2009 at 03:27 AM.
05-21-2009, 04:02 AM   #18

It would also be nice to keep all the fanboyism in one thread as well to be fair, you would think that this thing gives you the ability to fly, save the whales and increase your chances with the opposite (or same) sex the way some are going on about it and it's all just as annoying. Anyway, I can already do all those things ...

Personally I'm somewhere in the middle when it comes the K7, but until I can get my hands on one I'm not going to get carried away.
05-21-2009, 07:42 AM   #19
Igilligan

Natural Pepsi and Fanboys

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Ugh...I don't miss explaining to customers why their pics aren't showing up to print because they're not pics. "What do you mean they're all videos?"

Now how does that proportion work for more drinks? Time for another Jack and Pepsi

(By the way...anyone who like Pepsi should give "Throwback" a try. The real sugar instead of corn sugar really makes it taste better. If it really is "for a limited time" I'm stocking up. And I only drink soda when out and water isn't available or making adult beverages ).

p

Ryan... you are spot on about the Pepsi Throwback. It really does taste like pepsi from when I was a kid. I am a Coke freak, but the throwback is nice.
There was also another Pepsi product that I found at costco called 'Pepsi Natural' I think... it was natural sugar and natural cola bean... Freakin awsome...

And like I said I am a Coke Head...

Natural Sugar is the market buzz word for the 2009/2010 season. It replaces Hi ISO....

QuoteOriginally posted by woodworm Quote
It would also be nice to keep all the fanboyism in one thread as well to be fair, you would think that this thing gives you the ability to fly, save the whales and increase your chances with the opposite (or same) sex the way some are going on about it and it's all just as annoying. Anyway, I can already do all those things ...

Personally I'm somewhere in the middle when it comes the K7, but until I can get my hands on one I'm not going to get carried away.
Finally someone talking some sense... the fanboys are more annoying to me than the trolls...

05-23-2009, 03:42 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not bad, from a poster who has been a member of a this Pentax dedicated thread for about "5 minutes".
And first two posts to boot.
I find the credibility of that just a bit hard to swallow.
05-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #21

My 50 cents worth... or maybe not!?!?

Funny... I had this huge response written here about the comments of one particularily disappointed person over his comments on the K-7. I know should be more worried about my own photography than this "one" person's comments!

These particular comments seem to come from someone simply venting their frustration that the K-7 has been designed with the majority of Pentax shooters in mind instead of the the 5-10% (or less) who's style of photography simply doesn't benefit from all the techno-features and improvements. In fact, the upcoming 645D may be the answer to our disappointed friend's situation. It'll give him the higher res (in fact better than) a full frame DSLR and should suit his style.

Personally I own a K10D. I bought it knowing that it was a great body but not a perfect one (close but not perfect). The K10D was responsible for renewing my love of photography after a 6 year hiatus.

Now that I'm getting back into it photography on a even more serious level, I've determined that the K-7 melds very well into my style and needs. There are numerous features & improvements that will perfectly compliment how I shoot! Therefore, I've decided the K-7 will be an investment in the near future (2 in fact, both w/ D-BG4s).

Before I made that decision, however, I did wait for the official specs rather than just assume a new Pentax would be a great camera. I even used to work for Pentax in Vancouver but that never stopped be from being realistic. And yes, I've even been disappointed by Pentax releases in the past!

Sigh... well there it is... got it out of my system, now I can return my attention to improving my photographic vision and techniques!
05-29-2009, 09:14 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ShadowMan Quote
Funny... I had this huge response written here about the comments of one particularily disappointed person over his comments on the K-7. I know should be more worried about my own photography than this "one" person's comments!

These particular comments seem to come from someone simply venting their frustration that the K-7 has been designed with the majority of Pentax shooters in mind instead of the the 5-10% (or less) who's style of photography simply doesn't benefit from all the techno-features and improvements. In fact, the upcoming 645D may be the answer to our disappointed friend's situation. It'll give him the higher res (in fact better than) a full frame DSLR and should suit his style.

Personally I own a K10D. I bought it knowing that it was a great body but not a perfect one (close but not perfect). The K10D was responsible for renewing my love of photography after a 6 year hiatus.

Now that I'm getting back into it photography on a even more serious level, I've determined that the K-7 melds very well into my style and needs. There are numerous features & improvements that will perfectly compliment how I shoot! Therefore, I've decided the K-7 will be an investment in the near future (2 in fact, both w/ D-BG4s).

Before I made that decision, however, I did wait for the official specs rather than just assume a new Pentax would be a great camera. I even used to work for Pentax in Vancouver but that never stopped be from being realistic. And yes, I've even been disappointed by Pentax releases in the past!

Sigh... well there it is... got it out of my system, now I can return my attention to improving my photographic vision and techniques!
I am also very happy with my K10D and it is also responsible for renewing my love of photography. Hardly a day goes by where I don't have my camera out while before with my film camera it was maybe once a month.

I don't have complaints with my camera but it seems the K7 has addressed most of the issues some had with their cameras like slow AF and FPS and the initial reviews are comparing it to high end bodies from competitors that cost 2 to 3 times more. Perhaps its because my K10 is my first DSLR after many years of film that I'm still going "WOW" all the time and learning things I can do with this camera. I do a lot of sports shooting ( mostly my kids) and the K7 looks like it will be a great camera for fast action although it's not in the budget for anytime in the near future.

05-29-2009, 09:51 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Here they come... Here they come...

With this thread title, I'll now be singing Primus all day...

QuoteQuote:
Here they come
Here come the bastards
I heard it from a confident -
Who heard it form a confidant
They're definately on their way
Primus Sucks.