Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Here they come...

Get ready for the barage of bashing threads for the K-7. Hopefully we'll be able to keep them contained to that single thread.

05-20-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm sure it will come.

By the way, I like your moniker. Would that be the junction with 116?
05-20-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Hopefully no one will bash the thing until the testers actually start testing it.
05-20-2009, 07:32 PM   #4

Personally, from the specs, there's a lot to not love about it. I've got a K20D, a K10D, an istDL, and a 645 medium format Pentax, and I see no reason to sidegrade to the K7 for a video feature I'd never use.

05-20-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dcreed Quote
Personally, from the specs, there's a lot to not love about it. I've got a K20D, a K10D, an istDL, and a 645 medium format Pentax, and I see no reason to sidegrade to the K7 for a video feature I'd never use.
Great first post. Welcome to the board!
05-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dcreed Quote

Cuz 5.2fps is nothing. Even though so many K20D bashers bashed its 3fps, an extra 2.2fps means nothing.

Cuz compact size and lightweight is nothing. Even though so many K20D bashers (and istD lovers) bashed the size of K20D, shaving all that fat off to make the K-7, really isn't worth anything.

Cuz in-body {lateral CA correction, lens distortion correction, HDR, digital level, automatic tilt correction} are nothing. Most of them are K-7 only features that you don't see on any other camera, Pentax or otherwise, but who would want anything like that?

Cuz 100% viewfinder is nothing. That's stupid.

Works in super cold. Who would want that? Scandenavia? Where the hell is that?

77 point AE, that's sooo stupid. Obviously you only need 16 points.

Totally new sensor? Who gives?

New matt screen for better manual focusing. I don't manual focus. Stupid.

No no no. There's really nothing noteworthy here, except for video, which I will not use, so this thing blows.
05-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteQuote:
No no no. There's really nothing noteworthy here, except for video, which I will not use, so this thing blows.
I like the fact it does shoot video (especially HD video) I can think of all the "Christmas" things I could have shot on one large 16gb SD card in low light. From stills of the decorations and lights to the choirs singing using only candlelight. If noise levels are at least decent at 1600 and 3200 ISOs, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Then again, using my FA 50mm f 1.4 lens at lower ISOs in movie mode could really make this a true all-in-one photographic gem.

Barry

05-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
I'm sure it will come.

By the way, I like your moniker. Would that be the junction with 116?
Do you happen to live near there?
05-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I like how the mode selection dial has a lock on it.

It will prevent all the "no video in my DSLR people" from accidentally shooting an epic youtube movie.
05-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #10
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by RawheaD Quote
Cuz 5.2fps is nothing. Even though so many K20D bashers bashed its 3fps, an extra 2.2fps means nothing.

Cuz compact size and lightweight is nothing. Even though so many K20D bashers (and istD lovers) bashed the size of K20D, shaving all that fat off to make the K-7, really isn't worth anything.

Cuz in-body {lateral CA correction, lens distortion correction, HDR, digital level, automatic tilt correction} are nothing. Most of them are K-7 only features that you don't see on any other camera, Pentax or otherwise, but who would want anything like that?

Cuz 100% viewfinder is nothing. That's stupid.

Works in super cold. Who would want that? Scandenavia? Where the hell is that?

77 point AE, that's sooo stupid. Obviously you only need 16 points.

Totally new sensor? Who gives?

New matt screen for better manual focusing. I don't manual focus. Stupid.

I love irony.
05-20-2009, 09:22 PM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I love irony.
It is delightful, isn't it?
05-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #12
Igilligan

I am shocked... I am not sure what is worse

The newbies bashin' the K7, the resident trolls, or all the kool-aid drinkers who seem to think just because it is written that it is true. How many times do we have to learn and re-learn these lessons....

Is there anyone just taking a wait and see approach?

My Grandpa use to say "Don't believe anything you read, and only half of what you see, especially if you've been drinkin' "
(actually with photoshop lets drop that to 1/8th of what you see)

Let's wait for some proof that all the new stuff works as advertised and that there are not any problems associated with all the new features, before we start slammin folks.

But boy the words on the page look really good.
05-20-2009, 09:45 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

here is a good one from a canon user " canon will blow the K7 away with their 20MP sensor, so hurry up canon"

if only MP was all that mattered.
05-20-2009, 09:53 PM   #14
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
here is a good one from a canon user " canon will blow the K7 away with their 20MP sensor, so hurry up canon"

Ask the Canon user to find a 10-20 year lens that will attach to the new or current model Canon and then laugh in their face
05-20-2009, 10:16 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
I like how the mode selection dial has a lock on it.

It will prevent all the "no video in my DSLR people" from accidentally shooting an epic youtube movie.
Ugh...I don't miss explaining to customers why their pics aren't showing up to print because they're not pics. "What do you mean they're all videos?"
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
My Grandpa use to say "Don't believe anything you read, and only half of what you see, especially if you've been drinkin' "
(actually with photoshop lets drop that to 1/8th of what you see)
Now how does that proportion work for more drinks? Time for another Jack and Pepsi

(By the way...anyone who like Pepsi should give "Throwback" a try. The real sugar instead of corn sugar really makes it taste better. If it really is "for a limited time" I'm stocking up. And I only drink soda when out and water isn't available or making adult beverages ).
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote

One of these years, I truly hope the big "MP" sticker or labels on cameras isn't the biggest feature stuck on a camera in a store.

So far, I've gotten a few responses from Canon users:
"wow the k-7 sounds badass.... makes me want to switch, but i know canon and nikon have something mo betta up their sleeves "

"Yeah that does sound like a great camera. I'll stick with Canon for now though."

Whatever they put out...bet on an MSRP of like $1700...thinking about it...I have barely a grand invested into Pentax and I make nice 16x20" prints and have a few 11x14s in the mail. So...I've found what works

QuoteOriginally posted by shutterpuppy:
Ask the Canon user to find a 10-20 year lens that will attach to the new or current model Canon and then laugh in their face
Ironically...Eos cams are second in lens adaptation only to 4/3. Ironically in that...no older Canon lenses can be used