Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2007, 03:58 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
DNG to RAW converter?

I have a bunch of photos I need to tool around w/ in photoshop, however I own Photoshop 7 that does not support the DNG format.

Seems as though Adobe's plug-in is only for CS3 or higher (of course)

Is there some free software out there or some easy way to batch convert my images to .RAW format so my archaic photoshop can read it? I don't want to lose the quality as I have some tweaking to do...

thanks!

04-22-2007, 06:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm pretty clueless as i've only been digital a few months but I'm using an old paint shop pro7 that my wife got some time back, and if I have a photo that warrants something extra I'll convert raw to 16 bit tiff with pentax photolab, which will open in the old program and save it to a scratch folder, process the image, save to jpeg then delete the tiff (still having the raw file) 'cause tiffs are huge. It works for me, and I'd rather save for a flash than buy software. hope this helps.
t.b.
04-22-2007, 07:04 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
hmmmmm....

well i did upload the Pentax photolab softeware so that i could convert the PEF to DNG, as far as options, i only saw 'extract to jpeg' as another file i could change it to.

ok, i noticed it now. shucks, no dng to raw, well this is the first time i'm using pentax's software, I suppose i could use it instead of photoshop instead. i just need to tweak the lighting here and there.

thanks

p.s. i love the cat in your avatar!

Last edited by skydragoness; 04-22-2007 at 07:10 PM.