Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2009, 11:44 AM   #16

Original Poster
Thanks, guys. I will definitely see a doctor about it, just in case.

Last edited by Mann; 06-24-2009 at 01:37 AM. Reason: removed a pointless question
06-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I usually wear seeing glasses and if I shoot for more than a few hours, I can barely see from squinting so hard. Last year I shot my school's sports day and couldn't see properly even the next day. This year I wore contacts, sunglasses and a hat and had no problems. But like the others have said, get your eyes checked out for sure. Good luck.
06-10-2009, 05:32 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by figmental1978 Quote
I usually wear seeing glasses and if I shoot for more than a few hours, I can barely see from squinting so hard. Last year I shot my school's sports day and couldn't see properly even the next day. This year I wore contacts, sunglasses and a hat and had no problems. But like the others have said, get your eyes checked out for sure. Good luck.
I wear eyeglasses and have found that removing them, using a correction lens, relaxing my eyes, shooting with both eyes open, setting the diopter for sharp LED's and taking short (1 - 2 minute) breaks every half hour and comfortably looking at distant subjects with my eyeglasses on helps.

Most important is relaxing my eyes and keeping both open - though you ahve to learn to do this.

Downside to this method is I can't use the LCD unless I put my glasses back on, so I use an eyeglass lanyard around my neck.
06-24-2009, 01:52 AM   #19

Original Poster
According to the test and the man who informed me, my eyes are almost perfect. One eye's vision is a bit off, but that difference is supposed to be so insignificant it shouldn't matter. He told me to return after some time and check again to decide if I should wear some kind of "health glasses" for correction.

Something else to consider is that I work as a technical illustrator (I believe that is the correct English term), and sit behind a desk watching a screen for hours. Well, it looks like that screen was vibrating according to my colleagues, and I didn't notice it at all. Most likely my eyes have gotten used to it, and have been trying hard to compensate for the technical shortcoming, as they waste energy that shouldn't be wasted in the first place, that it gives me terrible headaches, painful pressure on the eyes, fatigue, strange feeling vision and such symptoms that finally got me. So I've been sick at home for a while now.

What do you expect when your employer is a greedy cheapskate who trusts no-one and doesn't want to replace an old vibrating CRT screen with new proper top-of-the-line screens that are superior and to be used with this kind of work? I could shoot the son of a *****.

06-24-2009, 03:47 AM   #20
Zav
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mann Quote
According to the test and the man who informed me, my eyes are almost perfect. One eye's vision is a bit off, but that difference is supposed to be so insignificant it shouldn't matter. He told me to return after some time and check again to decide if I should wear some kind of "health glasses" for correction.

Something else to consider is that I work as a technical illustrator (I believe that is the correct English term), and sit behind a desk watching a screen for hours. Well, it looks like that screen was vibrating according to my colleagues, and I didn't notice it at all. Most likely my eyes have gotten used to it, and have been trying hard to compensate for the technical shortcoming, as they waste energy that shouldn't be wasted in the first place, that it gives me terrible headaches, painful pressure on the eyes, fatigue, strange feeling vision and such symptoms that finally got me. So I've been sick at home for a while now.

What do you expect when your employer is a greedy cheapskate who trusts no-one and doesn't want to replace an old vibrating CRT screen with new proper top-of-the-line screens that are superior and to be used with this kind of work? I could shoot the son of a *****.
I recommend you to get those "health glasses". I'm not supposed to wear glasses, but as I spent a loooot of time in front of my screen (telecommunication engineer...), I wear glasses only to ease the work of my eyes.
And told your f****** boss to buy a new LCD mat screen!
06-24-2009, 04:59 AM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Zav Quote
I recommend you to get those "health glasses". I'm not supposed to wear glasses, but as I spent a loooot of time in front of my screen (telecommunication engineer...), I wear glasses only to ease the work of my eyes.
And told your f****** boss to buy a new LCD mat screen!
Yeah, I might just do that if it would really help, but you know..... An employer is supposed to take care that his employees have no reason at all to complain about him, the equipment and the atmosphere. If my health is damaged because of his greed, then that's a serious issue.

You know what he did when I told him about the CRT monitor and that it vibrated? He had an old small LCD screen lying around that was actually used at home, but now it was at the office for some reason and not being used. He replaced the CRT with it, and expects all to be well, like nothing happened. He expects me to work while I'm sick, just because he swapped monitors. He expects that damage that has been done to me -- my physique -- over months and months of time, which is still negatively affecting me, is "easily fixed" in a few seconds or minutes by simply switching monitors? What kind of cheap ******* is this? He's basically saying, "I don't give a ****, as long as I can make profit." My blood is boiling.
06-25-2009, 07:49 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Were the Canon lenses you used IS lenses?

06-25-2009, 10:30 AM   #23

Original Poster
Yeah, I used IS lenses before I switched to Pentax. Why so?
06-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Just a thought.. if you shot a lot of IS glass and then start shooting (mostly noticeable on longer) with in-body stabilization, the image in the viewfinder will be a lot "jumpier".
06-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #25

Original Poster
Hmmm. Well, with the long glass it's a bit jumpy, but not so much. You seem to suggest that the jumpy/jerky movement through the viewfinder is messing me up. I didn't think of that possibility, but could it actually have such a negative effect on a person?
06-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #26
Veteran Member

I doubt it, but I was looking for any possible explanation and that's one difference I thought of.