Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2009, 01:53 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 8540tomg Quote
Great moon shots Ben.

I took a few shots early this morning with the M 400/5.6. The results were not good. I'll have to read and practice some more and try to come close to your efforts here.

Tom G
Tom, it took me a lot of practice and many, many shots (on film and digital), to finally reach a quality level which is acceptable to me (though still not really among the best...) The moon looks so bright and one can easily assume it being an easy target for photography, but it isn't, as the quality of the images is influenced by so many factors, which you can't controle. You sure will see an improvement in your results with more practice.

Ben

07-13-2009, 02:51 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sharp Moon Video! I waited, and you did have an instant when the whole visible Moon was in the frame.

I'd like to have a camera that could take images with the mirror locked up, but alas I don't see an upgrade in my future. I been using my modified K110D a lot this month for Clusters, Nebulas, Asterisms, and International Space Station. But for Moon and Planets I use a web cam.