Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2009, 10:05 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stoge Quote
The new rules are certainly a God send. Going through hundreds of meaningless photo was not only time consuming but tedious! maybe it will get members to vote more often, that was one of the drawbacks of voting---Jeff
At first I felt dejected too Jeff, when photos would be declined. But then I started turning the dejection into a conscious effort to get better. Since then I've had about 10 accepted into the gallery. I've set a personal goal of trying to capture one photo per month that I think is worthy of acceptance into the PPG. I started submitting in January so I am one ahead of my plan. (1 photo per month may not sound like a lot, but with 3 kids at home...it's tough to get out and shoot very often)

As for voting...there are some submissions that leave me scratching my head and are easy no votes. Then there are some that are brilliant and are extremely easy yes votes. What I struggle with most are those in between shots. They are not the best technically but they are certainly good photos. I think I myself am kind of in this category right now. So when I have a photo rejected I use that as motivation to make a better one.

09-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #17
Veteran Member

I have to say that I don't believe that you need the latest and greatest Pentax lens to have a photo accepted - out of my 17 images in PPG, 10 are with off brand (mostly Tamron) lenses...
09-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #18
Veteran Member

To the OP- For what it's worth PPG gives you an opportunity to have your work judged by a group of people who have no emotional attatchment to it ( kind of like potential buyers in a real gallery). Acceptance is great and rejection should make you think about what you might have done differently.

With regards to getting down on yourself about rejected work- Don't do it , there have been many an exceptional photograph declined possibly due to personal taste. My most successful print was declined .

You need to buy the latest and greatest glass- Nah I have 5 accepted out of 25 submitted. 3 were shot with Tanron adaptalls , one with a M series 50/4 macro and one with " the most useless lens Pentax ever built" a F35-80.
09-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
I have to say that I don't believe that you need the latest and greatest Pentax lens to have a photo accepted - out of my 17 images in PPG, 10 are with off brand (mostly Tamron) lenses...
9 of my 10 were taken with the kit lenses. I would just think they'd be more willing to accept a photo taken with a pentax brand lens than with a third party lens for advertising purposes. But who knows.

12-18-2009, 06:10 PM   #20

Look i can usually find my way around a website pretty easily but i cant for the life of me figure out where the heck i vote from at the PPG. Can someone steer me in the right direction.
12-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bentax Quote
Look i can usually find my way around a website pretty easily but i cant for the life of me figure out where the heck i vote from at the PPG. Can someone steer me in the right direction.
On your Artist Home, you see this in the right box.

PHOTO GALLERY

Now you can cast a vote for your favorite photos! To vote now, click here.

You may also want to review the Photo Voting Criteria or FAQs.