Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2007, 06:26 PM   #1

Flashes of Hope-- A very special photo gallery.

I came across this site today and was very moved.
The stated mission of the site:
"Flashes of Hope is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating uplifting portraits of children fighting cancer and other life threatening illnesses. The portraits, taken by award-winning photographers, help children feel better about their changing appearance by celebrating it. For families of terminally ill children, it's especially important to have a portrait that preserves forever the beauty, grace and dignity of their child. "

Some very beautiful children here, and some great photographt too...

Flashes of Hope Gallery

It is encourage to see fellow photographers making the lives of these special individuals a little brighter.

04-29-2007, 05:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fletcherkane Quote
I came across this site today and was very moved.
The stated mission of the site:
"Flashes of Hope is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating uplifting portraits of children fighting cancer and other life threatening illnesses. The portraits, taken by award-winning photographers, help children feel better about their changing appearance by celebrating it. For families of terminally ill children, it's especially important to have a portrait that preserves forever the beauty, grace and dignity of their child. "

Some very beautiful children here, and some great photographt too...

Flashes of Hope Gallery

It is encourage to see fellow photographers making the lives of these special individuals a little brighter.
Thank you for this link. I am not to big to admit it made me cry.
After loosing my 4 year old son to cancer, something like this is very heart warming to see. It is great to see such tallent giving what these children deserve... like your posts says, beauty, grace and dignity.
thanks again

randy
04-29-2007, 01:10 PM   #3

Original Poster
Randy,
My mother is struggling with cancer right now that appears to be terminal. The site has encouraged me to get over to her place and take some photos to preserve the memories....
04-29-2007, 02:30 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I can't thank you enough for this wonderful gift. I can't tell you how this has made me feel. I am taking to my Sister in law tonight about sponsoring a chapter, and I'll be talking to many of the pros's in our area about this program and more. This would be a great way to give back to those who need giving.

It might be really nice if the members of the forum also would help by donating. Could we start a fund, and each month send our combined gift to this organization? I think it would be really nice to do something like this as a cooperative effort.

04-29-2007, 08:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fletcherkane Quote
Randy,
My mother is struggling with cancer right now that appears to be terminal. The site has encouraged me to get over to her place and take some photos to preserve the memories....
I just want to say on behalf of myself and my wife how deeply sorry we are. I hope the days coming are spend the way she wants.. and preserve these memoires will be time well spent.

randy