Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2009, 09:19 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
It is my dream to go on a cycling/photo expedition! I'd be very interested to know how it all goes weightwise/comfortwise.

I'm hoping once our kids are old enough to tag along, we can go on a four-week cycling tour of New Zealand's southern island and take a heap of landscape shots. Went there on our honeymoon, and am determined to go back for a longer stay.

06-22-2009, 02:05 PM   #17
Banned

So, How did the tour go? And, did you get some good pics?
06-24-2009, 12:34 PM   #18
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I'm back and will go through the photos tonight and pick a few to post in the photo section if I can stay awake. Did 380 miles in five days, every mile fixed. The route was tougher than I expected, partially to the 90 degree heat on Saturday and high 80's for the rest of the tour. I thought it was going to be a little flatter than it was but was still much easier than my local area. The wife did all but 30 miles, she would have made it but had some bike problems yesterday.

The lumbar pack was excellent to say the least. I used it for all but the century day where it was a loop and I could leave it in camp. We wanted to make time and be back before it got too hot. I never really noticed the pack much and it worked out really well. It never felt any hotter than the rest of my sweaty outfit. Definitely the best option for me.

More to come...