Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax font?

Seeing as we can't get the Pentax caps here, I thought I'd get one done. There a kiosk that puts anything on caps in the mall. I saved a picture of the red "Pentax" logo and have been trying to duplicate it with my available fonts. At this stage I'm not sure what format the shop requires it in but I'll worry about that later.

I can't seem to match the P in Pentax with any font I've got, the rest is easy enough and could be one of several fonts, but the P is quite different, having a very large loop. Can anyone out there send me a font with that P in it?

05-01-2007, 06:33 PM   #2
Pentaxian

how about the real deal?

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Seeing as we can't get the Pentax caps here, I thought I'd get one done. There a kiosk that puts anything on caps in the mall. I saved a picture of the red "Pentax" logo and have been trying to duplicate it with my available fonts. At this stage I'm not sure what format the shop requires it in but I'll worry about that later.

I can't seem to match the P in Pentax with any font I've got, the rest is easy enough and could be one of several fonts, but the P is quite different, having a very large loop. Can anyone out there send me a font with that P in it?
If you like, I can order one and send it to you - not a problem. I can research the pricing for sending the package via US Postal Service airmail, etc.

Just let me know... otherwise I can try reviewing fonts sometime soon...

Cheers,
Marc
05-02-2007, 05:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
i dont think you'll find that P in any font, most likely the font would have been customised for patenting and trademark reasons. In any case they dont start from scratch and after looking at some fonts i would say its Helvetica Neue pushed, pulled, stretched.....

what program are you using? i can send you the logo (*illustrator file) or upload it if anyone else wants it.

Last edited by Kaimarx; 11-16-2007 at 09:52 PM.
05-02-2007, 05:57 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Wow, that middle one is very close, but I just went along to the store, they don't do copyrighted brand names. So Marc, I might take you up on that offer, not sure how to pay you though. Any ideas? I've never done anything like this (except using my Visa card over the net) so not sure of what options there are, obviously cash is out, personal cheque?

05-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
At this stage I'm not sure what format the shop requires it in but I'll worry about that later.
Digitizing customer artwork is a pain in the rear for embroidery shops and they will charge you to do it. You can't just walk in with a JPEG on a floppy and walk out 30 minutes later with a hat with your logo on it. If you want to make the job easier on the person doing the digitizing (and therefore cheaper to you), start off with a scalable vector graphic (like corel draw or adobe illustrator).
05-03-2007, 12:24 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by ericc Quote
Digitizing customer artwork is a pain in the rear for embroidery shops and they will charge you to do it. You can't just walk in with a JPEG on a floppy and walk out 30 minutes later with a hat with your logo on it. If you want to make the job easier on the person doing the digitizing (and therefore cheaper to you), start off with a scalable vector graphic (like corel draw or adobe illustrator).
.eps is a fairly common format, around here its the defacto standard accepted by most places

eps: Encapsulated Postscript
05-03-2007, 05:21 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I've pm'd Marc and will try and sort one out. Any other Kiwis want to jump on board?
05-05-2007, 05:56 AM   #8
roy
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ericc Quote
eric,
yes you can. at least i can digitize a simple logo from a jpg in 30 minutes. we do home embroidery. i do the digitizing and my wife does the sewing. programs have come a long way in the last few years. it's not just pushing 3 buttons but it's close. if anyone wants some custom embroidery done just PM me. here's an example. started as a jpg from my cam, then imported into the emroidery program. we have three output choices.

this is an actual scan of the finished product.

05-07-2007, 02:47 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kaimarx Quote
i dont think you'll find that P in any font, most likely the font would have been customised for patenting and trademark reasons. In any case they dont start from scratch and after looking at some fonts i would say its Helvetica Neue pushed, pulled, stretched.....

what program are you using? i can send you the logo (*illustrator file) or upload it if anyone else wants it.
I think the middle one has it
05-07-2007, 03:48 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roy Quote
eric,
yes you can. at least i can digitize a simple logo from a jpg in 30 minutes. we do home embroidery.
Wow, that's good. My friend runs an embroidery shop and he can do that, but he has to send it off. What program do you use? He runs Wilcom for software and has two Melco machines (1-head and a 4-head).
05-10-2007, 07:34 AM   #11
roy
Inactive Account

hey eric,
we're using Brother's PE-Design v6
it's a cool program. it runs about $600 tho.
the photo stitch is almost 3D
05-10-2007, 10:28 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roy Quote
if anyone wants some custom embroidery done just PM me.

This is a good thing to know Roy. I think that a friend of mine can get it done as well (and I like shopping closer to home) but if I can't get my stuff done here I might send you a PM on it.
05-12-2007, 12:32 PM   #13
roy
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Kaimarx Quote

do you know of somewhere i can down load this font for free?