Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-12-2009, 04:39 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by fearview Quote
but in Japan.. you even can find the one made from denim ..
Nice. I have an aversion for straps with logos (I'm assuming there's the usual highly visible Pentax logo on this strap), but that's the only Pentax strap I've seen that I might put on my camera if it was available in the States.

07-12-2009, 04:54 AM   #17
Banned

@séamuis

its for a rifle isnt it?
no. its a general carry strap. used for all sorts of purposes, designed to be attached to just about anything. (in my case, a camera) but its not a sling.
07-12-2009, 06:15 AM   #18
Veteran Member

but in Japan.. you even can find the one made from denim ..
That's really handsome I should ask this Asang to get me one if I come back to Indonesia.

I too use the white/black strap with the small pockets. Only complaint is that the padding doesn't go all the way around the strap like these new digital red ones, but that's minor compared to the non-flashy look and pocket benefit
07-12-2009, 07:11 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
no. its a general carry strap. used for all sorts of purposes, designed to be attached to just about anything. (in my case, a camera) but its not a sling.
can i google it? or ebay it?

with what keyword..?

07-13-2009, 02:00 AM   #20
Banned

can i google it? or ebay it?

with what keyword..?
I have purchased several on ebay as well as a large number at army/navy surplus stores. they are a common item in surplus. but do not show up on ebay all that often. a google search might not do you very well either, I would think. what I would do is check out online US military surplus stores. most of the straps you will likely see are from Korea or WWII. still plenty usable I suppose, but finding Vietnam era or later straps is much harder for some reason...

here are a few that I found. I don't know shipping policies for these sites though.

https://www.mooremilitaria.com/prod01.htm

Checkout - Enter Your Billing Information : War Dog Militaria

if these are 50's dated pieces, they are older than my oldest strap by nearly 20 years. doesn't mean they aren't usable though. these are heavy duty straps.

General Purpose Shoulder Strap - Army Surplus Warehouse - Army Surplus Warehouse

here is one that looks to be a newer version that the others. cheap price as well.
07-13-2009, 08:43 PM   #21
Pentaxian

I use Leica Rangefinder straps on my Pentax S1a, K1000 and ES 11. They are simple, very well built and elegant.
07-14-2009, 03:02 AM   #22
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by raymeedc Quote
I replaced both of my straps with thinner, Logoless Domke straps.
I also purchased one of the Domke 'Gripper' straps.
Thin, narrow, light and logo-less.
Matches my Camera which has small pieces of black tape to hide camera logos.

As the name suggests it has a couple of rubbery lines on the backside that hold well.

07-26-2009, 11:47 PM   #23
Forum Member

When I got my K20D, one of the first things I did was replace the Pentax strap with an old Tamrac quick release strap with a lightly padded suede section in the neck area. I bought it in the 80's when I got my first SLR camera and it is still very comfortable and is in great condition .
07-27-2009, 07:35 AM   #24
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I don't like the ones that say "For Pentax" as that's a sneaky way for non Pentax manufacturers to get away with putting the brand name on their straps.
08-12-2009, 08:08 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
New Original Pentax Camera Leather Fashion Strap - eBay (item 330351586891 end time Sep-10-09 10:58:42 PDT)

look at the price

is that true it will cost that much?
08-12-2009, 08:16 AM   #26
Veteran Member

well i have several strap, i gathered it from several places.. it seem to me the old one look better and feel nicer isnt it?

the RED RIBBON with WHITE LETTER is sooo PENTAX..
I'd SOOOO buy the very bottom one from you!

I wonder why Pentax ever decided to remove the White lettering on Red strap. That's just too sexy. Plus, now we can compete with the huge CANON EOS straps you see everywhere... The new strap is too thin and sometimes cuts into my neck...
08-12-2009, 08:35 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GLXLR Quote
. The new strap is too thin and sometimes cuts into my neck...
this is my main complain too..

--about that white letter on red strap, actually it will show up sometime on ebay.. not too rare i think..
08-12-2009, 08:49 AM   #28
Banned

this is my main complain too..

--about that white letter on red strap, actually it will show up sometime on ebay.. not too rare i think..
the fake one does. the one that says "for PENTAX" the real one I have never seen on the bay. then again I don't spend time looking.
08-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #29

QuoteOriginally posted by GLXLR Quote
I'd SOOOO buy the very bottom one from you!
This thread got me thinking about a new strap. I found one on ebay that looks the same as the bottom red strap above:
ORIGINAL PENTAX WIDE CAMERA STRAP ! - eBay (item 120457160990 end time Aug-15-09 13:04:44 PDT)

08-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #30
Banned

you shouldn't have shown that. now it will likely attract more bidders. like myself.

QuoteOriginally posted by notion Quote
This thread got me thinking about a new strap. I found one on ebay that looks the same as the bottom red strap above:
ORIGINAL PENTAX WIDE CAMERA STRAP ! - eBay (item 120457160990 end time Aug-15-09 13:04:44 PDT)