Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2009, 07:08 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Any good stores in San Francisco?

My honey is going for a short vacation to San Francisco after a conference and I've convinced her that she has to bring home something for me. And what better time to expand my accesories department than now?

Can anyone tell me of a couple of good camera stores in San Francisco selling gear for Pentax? She won't have access to a car, only public transportation such as bus or perhaps in this case tram.

I'm mainly after a Metz 48 flash for Pentax, but perhaps some other gear as well if it turns out to be equally or more expensive than here in Sweden.

Thanks!

Last edited by StarDust; 07-10-2009 at 10:29 AM.
07-10-2009, 08:01 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
SF has a number of good camera stores. I can't really speak to one that's better for Pentax as the Canikons dominate most shops. However, you should check out the following ones.

Calumet Photo (they do have some Pentax stuff)
Calumet San Francisco - CALUMET

Gassers Photo (pro photo store)
Home - Gassers

I'm sure others may have additional suggestions.
07-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
All right! Thanks, certainly something to look further into.
07-10-2009, 09:46 PM   #4
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
SF has a number of good camera stores. I can't really speak to one that's better for Pentax as the Canikons dominate most shops. However, you should check out the following ones.

Calumet Photo (they do have some Pentax stuff)
Calumet San Francisco - CALUMET

Gassers Photo (pro photo store)
Home - Gassers

I'm sure others may have additional suggestions.
I think that just about covers it actually. There is Keeble and Shuchat but they are quite a few miles away from the city.

@StarDust, tell your honey to not, I repeat, not bother with all the camera stores in the Fishermans Wharf and Pier 39 area, they are tourist ripoff shops.

If you wanted to order from Amazon, B&H or Adorama, I'd gladly let you use my address for shipping and I could meet her at a convenient place. She could catch BART across the Bay Bridge and I could meet her at the station near me.

07-14-2009, 04:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Damn Brit: Man it's been a busy week, hardly had any time by the computer these past couple of days.
Thanks for the kind offer but unfortunately my girlfriend will have a hectic vacation in San Francisco and says she won't have time to plan anything outside of what's already planned. However if I ever go to San Francisco, which I would love to, it seems like a lovely city, I might just take you up on that offer!