Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2009, 01:15 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Not to hijack the thread...but does anyone really care what dpr says??

07-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by forensicscientist Quote

I like a good twist in the story. Keeps things interesting.
07-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kcmadr Quote
I like a good twist in the story. Keeps things interesting.
yea, that was pretty sarcastic of me wasn't it. Sorry, just in a crummy mood today. Its only 103 F outside right now....I don't do extreme heat very well. It'll pass.....around the 1st of October.....
07-12-2009, 09:43 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
yea, that was pretty sarcastic of me wasn't it. Sorry, just in a crummy mood today. Its only 103 F outside right now....I don't do extreme heat very well. It'll pass.....around the 1st of October.....

I was referring to DPR, sorry.

It's when a great product comes out, revolutionary, groundbreaking, earth moving, market shifting, and all that. And you read an in depth test of said product and lo and behold, it barely makes the standard it was supposed to replace. That kind of twist.

I equate it to working your ass off for a year, designing new things, implementing new procedures, forging new working relations that benefit your company, and at the end of the year you expect a deserved bonus and get about 25% of what you reasonably expected.

07-16-2009, 02:18 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
Everything they've reviewed lately has been getting a highly recommended, but I have a feeling that will end when they review our newest Pentax camera.
I hope they give the K7 an honest,unbiased review.
07-16-2009, 05:11 AM   #21
wll
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Barnster Quote
I hope they give the K7 an honest,unbiased review.
In general they will go over it with a fine tooth comb. I will be very, very interested in their assessment of high ISO nose and image quality compared to the Pentax K20D, Nikon D90, Nikon D300 and the Canon 50D ... if they compare to those three.

wll
07-23-2009, 04:21 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
it would seem several of those have been addressed. Im sure they will find some new ones
They could use the parody of a review "What Digital Camera" published about the K-7 for inspiration.

Reasonable people don't care about a single summarising result and look at the individual test results, typically ignoring whether DPR likes the factory JPG settings or not.

Unfortunately, I believe any reservation issued by DPR will have a considerable impact on sales, in part because not all sales people fall into the first category I mentioned above.

07-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #23
Veteran Member

What Class A said above. People new to DSLR's or not so confident on their own assessment place a lot of stock in reviews like this.
I did when I was looking for my first DSLR. Along with price, the K10D was a good choice because it was a lot better than the competition in lots of areas of these reviews.