Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2009, 05:36 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The rental K7 comes to my door today!

Kind of excited that the Pentax K7 I am renting will be here today. I have to charge the battery and will be ready to go. Any suggestions on turning on or off some of the defualt settings?

I am going to have a hard time dropping it off on Monday I am sure but word from the CFO (my wife) funds will be available in a few weeks for my own if I am smitten with the model.

07-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Box is here battery charging have to work anyway can't wait to shot something later
07-19-2009, 05:03 AM   #3
Veteran Member

so are you out having fun shooting?
07-20-2009, 09:53 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I did!! It truely is a great camera. Only wish I had more time and did not drop the camera thats all I have to say about it for now.

Can't wait to get one and spend more than a few days with it. I will say from my K10 in real world (no Pixel peeping) ISO 800 looked A LOT better on the K7. I still have bunch of shots to go over and even dabled a little with the video.

Hope to get one sooner rather than later.

07-22-2009, 04:04 PM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
I did!! It truely is a great camera. Only wish I had more time and did not drop the camera thats all I have to say about it for now.

Can't wait to get one and spend more than a few days with it. I will say from my K10 in real world (no Pixel peeping) ISO 800 looked A LOT better on the K7. I still have bunch of shots to go over and even dabled a little with the video.

Oh tell them like it is. You were throwing it high up in the air because you were so excited about it No harm no foul on the body. Thanks for posting here. Let us know how it turned out and your thoughts. We have not even had time to use it ourselves We got them in and they all went back out that day.
07-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You guys are AWESOME!! Not sure who does the posting here but Irene is the best. I still want to cry about what happened. I recommend you guys to everyone for sure. I really loved the camera and hope to get one soon. Should have rented it longer since we are taking a trip to NY this week and it would have been great to have.

One thing I forgot to mention. Not sure if it makes sence or not since it can be found online, but maybe inlude the manual with the rental or a note with a link to the online manual for folks.

Again thanks and when you get the chance to play with it I am sure you will love it.
07-27-2009, 02:49 AM   #7

me too!

Vievetrick, I was truly tempted to rent the K7 when I saw it on CLR's site - however I already had rented two lenses (Pentax 50-250 f4 and Sigma 70-200 f2) from them this summer and have unfortunately met my self-imposed rental quota for this quarter.

I'll be sure to follow your example - albeit without the token acknowledgement to sudden gravitational pull :-).

I too have been very, very impressed with the professional and courteous help from the team at CLR. I would recommend them to anyone on the forum!

Shireen

08-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote

Good option that it could be rented. I'm on my K10 as well, but K7 sure is tempting