Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
Veteran Member

TTV, anyone?

I was shocked when my forum search for "ttv" came up empty.

What is TtV? Through The Viewfinder

Anyhow, I've been intrigued by the idea for a while, but it starts today, when my eBay Kodak Duaflex arrived in the mail.

Here are some of my first shots. The only editing I've done was to add a slight yellow tone in-camera, and straighten and crop in post.

07-21-2009, 09:00 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey, TTV is fun and addicting - you got excellent results right away! Your Dualflex has some very nice grunge in the VF

Here's a good flickr group for TTV
Flickr: Through The Viewfinder

I have a Starflex, a Duaflex and a Spartus Six Twenty with turret contraptions for TTV use. Though I also shoot through auxiliary vf's, and SLR, TLR and RF camera viewfinders also. By far the most popular images I have on flickr are TTVs of blank walls and the like - people use these for their own fake TTVs.

(Starflex)

(Duaflex)

(Spartus)
07-21-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, I like the way the grunge is in my particular camera. But a lot of it is not actually dirt or mold. In fact, the most obvious one, the one on my baby's arm in the last pic, I looked at it and it's actually just the edge of a fingerprint on the top glass. I could probably clean it off real easily.

Actually, I wonder if I shouldn't get two, one for dirty, grungy pics and one for more clean ones. Hmm...
07-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Unfortunately these things take 620 film (thank you Kodak) and I'm too lazy to do the respooling thing. I might do something with 35mm film - essentially you wedge/tape the cartridge in one end, and the film end onto a 620 spool at the other. Tape up the ruby window, and waste a frame or so figuring how much you need to turn the film advance to get a clean frame advance... then unload in a dark room / changing bag... I see some on flicr are doing TTV+film pairs of the same shot. Oh, and someone on ebay is selling a kit to do what I describe above... I think theirs is has the bits of a 620 spool you stick on both ends of the 35 cart.

Though the Duaflex seems to be most popular, I actually like the Starflex better for TTV

01-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
I'm bumping this thread as we need more TTV =o] I just finished a contraption for my Duaflex IV. I need to practice with it more, these are the only two photos that turned out.