Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2007, 01:18 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Silkypix licensing

Hello,

I would like to know if I can install Silkypix on my main computer and also on my laptop. I will use it on laptop just occasionally but will be one license enough? I am not going to use software on both machines at the same time, on my laptop it's just for travel

Thanks

Fero

05-08-2007, 01:40 AM   #2
Inactive Account

I don't see why not but to make sure I would read the license agreement that would tell you more. I guess I would have installed the program on both computers if it were me.
05-08-2007, 02:10 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Most licences these days allow both as long as your the primary user of both machines.. There is nothing physically stopping you doing it with Silkypix AFAIK, but you could always ask the developer for permission if you are concerned...
05-08-2007, 02:37 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by joele Quote
Most licences these days allow both as long as your the primary user of both machines.. There is nothing physically stopping you doing it with Silkypix AFAIK, but you could always ask the developer for permission if you are concerned...
I asked because I havent got it yet and I know that silkypix is contacting SIlkypix central to active software. So if they do have same check like Microsoft with Windows and they check HW configuration for Silkypix activation then I would be in trouble.

05-08-2007, 03:33 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Sorry might have to wait and see if anyone has tried it, or email them. They have a large FAQ section on their website but nothing about multiple machines..
05-08-2007, 05:26 AM   #6
Veteran Member

feronovak, you should read this:

SILKYPIX® Licence agreement

2. Condition of Use

(2) When using this software, first you must purchase a license from ISL or from a qualified agency in predefined procedures, and then ISL will grant you permission to use this software on one specified computer or on a multiple number of computers as specified in this Agreement.
05-08-2007, 05:33 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by feronovak Quote
I asked because I havent got it yet and I know that silkypix is contacting SIlkypix central to active software. So if they do have same check like Microsoft with Windows and they check HW configuration for Silkypix activation then I would be in trouble.
So a web connection is a requirement for SilkyPix?!

05-08-2007, 05:42 AM   #8
Veteran Member

arghh go Bibble they'll let you use it on all computers in your household..

Last edited by joele; 05-08-2007 at 05:48 AM.
05-08-2007, 05:49 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Matjazz Quote
So a web connection is a requirement for SilkyPix?!
According to their FAQ it is for the registered version.
05-08-2007, 06:24 AM   #10

Original Poster
I've sent them email and I will keep you informed.

Fero
05-09-2007, 02:57 AM   #11

Original Poster
Response from Silkypix

Thank you for your inquiry
of SILKYPIX Developer Studio 3.0 on May 8, 2007.

The license of "SILKYPIX Developer Studio 3.0"
needs one license to one specific PC.

Therefore, when you use SILKYPIX on your desktop and laptop, you need to purchase a license for each PCs.

Further, We are providing the special price (3,000 Japanese Yen) as the additional license that the user uses the same version with the same platform.

Please refer to the following site for more details.

- Order
SILKYPIX Developer Studio

If you have any questions or need additional information, please let us know.

Yours faithfully,

Yoko Takatsuka,
Ichikawa Soft Laboratory Co., Ltd.
E-mail: info_english@isl.co.jp

I cant say I am thrilled. Could anybody please try whether you can use Silkypix on two different home machines or whether it does detect that it is different PC from registered (in that case it does detect and send information about your hardware to silkypix)

Thank you.