Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2009, 05:17 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I mounted the ball head to a 1/4" x 20 bolt that was just a little bit longer than the wood it went through. As far as the exposure, this type of tracker is good for about 20 minutes before it loses sync. Turning the crank 1 turn per minute negates the turn of the earth and keeps the stars still for the camera. You can take a picture for 20 minutes if you like. The main thing is the alignment with the north star. The better it is, the better the pictures. BTW, If you have your house in the foreground while using the tracker you'll end up with still stars in the background and one big house trail in the foreground.

08-02-2009, 06:52 PM   #17

Original Poster
Wow... thanks you all for your replys... I know I have a lot to learn but it's great to know I can have advice (and lots of them) on this site.

I will make a try next week-end (sky permitting of course ) and I'll post my photo if I have anything good!

Annie