Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2007, 07:22 AM   #1
Inactive Account

There's no end to problems and

difficulties, these days! I have been waiting eagerly for a friend to come in from Norway, and bring me "my" K10D. I have already instructed the bank to transfer the funds from my account to his account, and everything was -more or less- set.
And now, he can't make it for some personal reason(s), whatever that might be....
So, what do I do? I guess this is where I have to lean a bit on you guys, -and the explanation goes like this:
We're planning a trip Hong Kong in the beginning of June. And I think maybe I can find my camera-to-be, in this place.
Problem is, I have heard a lot of things, some good, some bad, and a few VERY bad, about buying expensive cameras in Hong Kong.
So, guys, here my question; does any of you have good advises, suggestions, + any an all info on buying cameras in Hong Kong?
We will, most likely, stay in the area around "the golden mile" in Kowloon, near Nathan Rd.
Any an all advises, suggestions and warnings will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!:ugh:

05-13-2007, 01:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Is there some reason your friend can't use the postal service, FedEx, or some similar courier company to send you the camera you have already payed for?
05-13-2007, 06:36 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
No, don't misunderstand!

I got my money back, -no problem at all.
But the mail, and the different "express -delivery" companies, like FedEx, tends to be somewhat unreliable, for private persons, I'm afraid.
Keep in mind, this is a country where the average salary is three, four usd, a day! There are a certain loss in the mail, I'm afraid...
And besides, it's nice to see Hong Kong! Disneyland and Ocean world are just two of the things we'll see, on this trip.
The missis are going to do some shopping, I guess? And so am I....!
I just wanted to know if any of the esteemed member of this forum have any experience in buiyng a camera in Hong Kong....
05-13-2007, 11:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I didn't think your friend had ripped you off. But since you didn't mention that you got your money back I was marvelling at someone who would buy a second K10 without ever having received the first one yet.