Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-28-2009, 10:31 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've been lurking on this thread for a while. I hope everything goes well for you. How are you feeling about the day? Got any jitters or butterflies in the stomach?

I think it goes without saying that we'd all like to see some of your best shots.

08-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Me too. I'm excited to see how you fair in this event and perhaps some things you learnt on your first wedding gig. This will help others who will be getting into wedding photog in the future.
08-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #63

Original Poster

yea, i'm feeling a bit nervous about it. I guess that I shouldn't be because not really a formal wedding, Just really hope the pictures turn out! I will post them as soon as possible.
08-28-2009, 12:48 PM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rwheeler Quote
yea, i'm feeling a bit nervous about it. I guess that I shouldn't be because not really a formal wedding, Just really hope the pictures turn out! I will post them as soon as possible.
I hope you post, even if they didn't turn out good (I'm sure they will be good though). I've been following this thread also, so I wish you luck & hope you have fun with it!

08-29-2009, 07:50 AM   #65
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MJB DIGITAL Quote
My vote for the flash is the 540 over the 360. I didn't give the 360 a second thought when I was shopping for a flash, because You cant swivel side to side. Now I have 3 540's and I love em.
Certainly the 540 is a more powerful flash, but do not discount the 360 ...I use it all the time for fill flash or on camera as the control flash with a 540 as the slave. In fact I carry one of each in my events camera bag. I have three 540 flashes but when using a multiple flash set up, I tend to use manual flash and radio triggers.

I had the 360 for years as I got it before the 540 was even available and while the swivel head and ability to have the flash not auto time out (power off) are extremely useful, if budget is an issue, give the 360 some consideration.
08-31-2009, 12:13 AM   #66
Veteran Member

Well, my wedding was kinda screwy. I want to know what happened with yours even if you don't post pictures.....
I'm looking for some raw details I can drink my coffee to when I wake up. 8)

Last edited by MJB DIGITAL; 08-31-2009 at 06:22 AM. Reason: i took a spelling class in my dream last night and came back to spell check.
08-31-2009, 12:16 AM   #67
Veteran Member

Yeah, I want to read something in the morning. I am living vicariously through you and am wishing you did very well that you want to do this again.

08-31-2009, 07:10 AM   #68
Veteran Member

c'mon I want to know if you are gonig to be a real wedding photographer!! here are the signs that I'll be able to know

1) you are talking about some other photographers on your turf i.e. "that bastard got in my way during the cake cut!!"

2) during the wedding, someone requested a shot and you turned your nose up stating that 'it's not your style' and that you are there to create a masterful work of art like none other before seen by the eyes of man (song of angels here)

3) you are pissed because you didnt get some free grub at the reception (i myself had three different kinds of pasta covered in meatballs and cheese, with some bread. i skipped the salad because it woulda taken up room and i love pasta)

4) you have a heroic story about saving the day for the bride with a bleach pen, a bobby pin, and a piece of flint (a la mcguyver)

5)the terms of your contract were violated and you are thinking about contacting an attorney who specializes in intellectual property.

6) you rocked that wedding and came out with more bucks and a great attitude.

now....where are those pics (and juicy wedding gossip)? my coffee is almost gone!
08-31-2009, 11:16 AM   #69
Veteran Member

4) you have a heroic story about saving the day for the bride with a bleach pen, a bobby pin, and a piece of flint (a la mcguyver)
That one made me laugh. Here's one of me at my last beach wedding. We came across an unexpected section that was very muddy on the way to where the groom was already waiting - So I carried the bride while a bridesmaid carried my camera and my assistant snapped a picture I felt like such a hero

08-31-2009, 01:26 PM   #70
Veteran Member

The bride looked nerrrrr-vous!
08-31-2009, 01:35 PM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by innershell Quote
The bride looked nerrrrr-vous!
Well I was carrying her barefoot through slick mud - and we had only just met 60 min earlier (out-of-town wedding with no pre-event consultation on this one) - so I guess she had a right to be a little nervous But it seemed safer to have me do the carrying than the bridesmaid
08-31-2009, 06:20 PM   #72
Veteran Member

YES!!! That's what I mean!!! I love it!

Any real wedding photographer who know's what is going on is going to say, "Hey, we have a damn schedule to keep here, lets get this bride over the mud."

OOOORRRRR

In a sense of photojournalistic integrity, I can see how some PJ wedding photogs might do nothing. I dropped out of college before getting my journalism degree, so I would have been carrying the bride. (or shooting you doing it!)

Last edited by MJB DIGITAL; 08-31-2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: p.s. for anyone else reading this thread: that is how you get REFERRALS 8)
08-31-2009, 06:39 PM   #73
Veteran Member

YES!!! That's what I mean!!! I love it!

Any real wedding photographer who know's what is going on is going to say, "Hey, we have a damn schedule to keep here, lets get this bride over the mud."
I admire his youthful strength and vigor. I would have pointed out that we had a schedule and looked for somebody to carry her.

QuoteQuote:
In a sense of photojournalistic integrity, I can see how some PJ wedding photogs might do nothing. I dropped out of college before getting my journalism degree, so I would have been carrying the bride. (or shooting you doing it!)
I would have prefocused and waited for the "trashing the dress" photo....

Will
08-31-2009, 06:48 PM   #74
Veteran Member

Ha! Will, if I ever move back to Lake Dallas, Corinth, Denton, or somewhere around there....lets work together. 8)
08-31-2009, 07:23 PM   #75
Veteran Member

Ha! Will, if I ever move back to Lake Dallas, Corinth, Denton, or somewhere around there....lets work together. 8)
Love to!

Will