Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Typically, no "professional cameras" means no dSLRs, or cameras with detachable lenses. I tried the G9, but it's pretty bad a low light, so I bought the new Olympus E-P1 "Pen" with the 4/3rds sensor. With the 17mm f/2.8 lens, it's not much bigger than the Canon G9, and image quality is much better. I'll easily take shots at ISO1600 with it, so it's good to go.

I haven't been to a show yet where cameras are restricted, but I plan to take it to see the B-52's next month. I bought an adapter so I can stick some of my older Pentax primes on the Pen.

I went to see Robin Trower a year or so ago and called both the club, and Trower's management, and both said cameras were fine. However, security had the "no professional cameras" attitude (along with a serious case of 'roid rage) so I wound up just enjoying the music while all the P&S cameras flashed away.

09-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #32
Veteran Member

You shouldn't take the Pen to an event, since, by your definition, it is a pro camera (it has detachable lend).