Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2009, 06:34 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Taking mosaic stitch photos with k20? What settings?

Hola,

I am completely new to using a DSLR and I purchased the camera primarily to take high res photos of my paintings. Since to accomplish this I need to take proper stitchable photos, I'm climbing a double learning curve.

I found some scant instructions online which say the best way to accomplish what I am trying to do is to use manual focus, but when I tried this I ended up with black (blank) photos, so I set the camera back to AF and set the white point to tungsten lighting since I am shooting indoors using ceiling track lighting and every picture I took came out with a heavy orange cast - clearly I'm screwing up

I was hoping someone could be good enough to post the settings they use for this model of camera to take pano and mosaic stitch shots.

Thank you kindly.

08-17-2009, 07:34 AM   #2
Banned

Photos: Albums
Manual exposure, manual focus, fixed white balance (set the WB manually).
08-17-2009, 07:43 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you,

Any suggestion for ideal settings for what I am trying to do? What details can I provide to give a clearer explanation of the shooting circumstances?
08-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Set up on a tripod. Take an initial photo then in shooting mode hit the Fn button and scroll to white balance. the last photo you took will be displayed. As you scroll down through the settings one of them should render correct white balance. If not then you can adjust it.

Shoot in manual mode and don't change it for each exposure. That way all of the exposures will be that same and there will be no difference in tone/light/shadow when they are stitched together

08-17-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Gracias, this is what I was looking for. I also found setting the LCD preview to "Digital" instead of "Live" to be more useful.

I found three very nice links that describe in detail instructions for pano photo stitching. Sharing the love:

Photo Stitching Digital Panoramas
home.vicnet.net.au/~esps/tutorials/panoramas.pdf
Auto-Stitch with Photoshop CS3 | CreativePro.com