Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax warranty/Creve Coeur Camera warranty--STUCK TOGETHER

The other day I dropped a K10D body. It's totally out of warranty. That sucks. I'm a camera down and doing weddings/engagements on one camera while the other is on the way to the new repair department in Arizona.

I got a brand spankin new 540fgz. sweeeeet. What a great flash.

Well, the 'fix' lever that pulls the locking pin up and down is loose and not raising and lowering the pin so the brand new flash is stuck on the K10D that I'm shooting on, which is a body that is no longer operating the SDM of my DA* lenses. (This is NOT the body that I dropped, it's my other/backup/twin body). So, I'm stuck using this body with bad AF issues and guess what--today the wireless settings on the flash decide to not work anymore.
They kind of tease me. I can set the flash to wireless, but as soon as I half press the shutter, the flash leaves wireless mode, and also leaves P-TTL and goes to TTL.

So I have a crippled camera connected to a crippled flash and they're stuck together.

Now here is the kicker. I just bought the flash and it is under the one year Pentax warranty. The K10D, however, is out of warranty from Pentax and under the 5yr extended warranty that Creve Coeur Camera sells.

Two defects under two different warranties, stuck together.

Please CCC come through for me I really need to shoot if I'm going to eat!

08-17-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I sympathise - Camera Lens Rantals K20D
08-17-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
flash pin

I also had the flash pin problem. I was able to remove the screws around the bottom of the flash, above the hot shoe mount portion, and then access the lever to pull the pin up to free it from camera.