Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2009, 11:14 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax Parts Source?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Anyone know how where I can inquire as to getting a new shutter button assembly for an ist DS?

Or knows of a broken one I can buy for parts?

Thanks

08-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wildlifephotog Quote
... Or knows of a broken one I can buy for parts?
One of the best places is eBay. If you had asked this question earlier, you could have found this istDS for only $41.
08-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
D**m!

That would have been a decent price for the switch I need.
08-27-2009, 06:40 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You may want to check out these threads for some ideas:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/33207-ist-ds-shutt...o-contact.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/70220-no-k100d-tak...er-issues.html

http://doug.kerr.home.att.net/pumpkin/20D_Shutter_Release.pdf

08-27-2009, 06:54 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the links.

I'm more than capable of replacing the switch. My problem is no one will sell me the Pentax part. Neither the whole PCB or the switch itself.
Pentax and their repair depots are not in favor of helping out the DIY type owner.
They could make money selling me the part, or none because I won't pay $280.00 to have them do it.
10-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #6
pjj

QuoteOriginally posted by wildlifephotog Quote
Anyone know how where I can inquire as to getting a new shutter button assembly for an ist DS?

Or knows of a broken one I can buy for parts?

Thanks
Hi wildlifephotog, I have a ist DS that no longer works and needs a happy home. The batteries shorted internally blowing out the electronics which made for an unafforadable fix. Other than that, the body is in excellent condition with not alot of cycles and it would make an excellent parts camera.
If you're interested it's yours for $40 plus shipping. Thanks